DNS Unlocker Description
The DNS Unlocker is adware that has caught the attention of PC security researchers. Many computer users have been using programs like the DNS Unlocker to bypass region-locking components in online applications. The DNS Unlocker, in particular, has been advertised as a way for computer users to access Netflix for regions outside of their location. PC security analysts strongly recommend against this approach. There are numerous applications available that supposedly allow computer users to modify their IP or connect to certain websites that are blocked for certain regions. However, this is a common way for adware developers to distribute their low-level and mid-level threats. In several situations, it may be better to avoid using these types of components or looking for reputable options even if they are slightly more expensive than the questionable cheaper options.
The DNS Unlocker and Similar Applications Should be Avoided
The DNS Unlocker is a free program that offers a service that is in high demand today. However, the DNS Unlocker does not deliver these services effectively and causes numerous problems on affected computers, not making it worth the trouble to download and install this application. In most cases, computer users do not download and install the DNS Unlocker voluntarily. The DNS Unlocker may be bundled with other software, installed alongside other software distributed on public software download websites. To prevent the DNS Unlocker from being installed automatically, PC security researchers strongly recommend being careful during any new installation and following every step of the way when installing any new software.
Understanding the Actions Performed by the DNS Unlocker and Browser Hijackers
As the name implies, browser hijackers are designed to take over the victim's Web browser, forcing it to visit certain websites, display pop-up windows and messages and behave erratically. In fact, the supposed service that the DNS Unlocker offers involves a technique used by most browser hijackers that require changing the affected computer's DNS settings. These settings determine how a Web browser connects to the Internet and processes Internet addresses. Most adware may alter these settings to ensure that the affected Web browser is redirected to certain websites or that all traffic is sent through certain URLs. The DNS Unlocker offers to change these settings to allow computer users bypass region locking and other online issues. However, the DNS Unlocker delivers more than it promises, changing these settings in order to deliver its own products and offers and fill the affected Web browser with pop-up windows, messages and advertisements, interfering with the affected computer users' online activities seriously.
Dealing with the DNS Unlocker and Preventing the Installation of this Adware
If the DNS Unlocker is installed on your computer, PC security researchers strongly recommend removing the DNS Unlocker completely. The DNS Unlocker does not deliver on its promises; many of the techniques the DNS Unlocker uses to carry out its service may be more closely related to browser hijackers and other adware rather than to legitimate software. To remove the DNS Unlocker from an affected computer, PC security researchers recommend following the steps outlined below:
- Computer users should use the Windows Control Panel 'Add/Remove Programs' to uninstall the DNS Unlocker and related components.
- Once the DNS Unlocker has been uninstalled, it may be necessary to remove the DNS Unlocker entries from the affected computer's registry manually. It also may be necessary to undo changes to the affected computer's DNS settings that may have been made by the DNS Unlocker.
- PC security researchers strongly recommend the use of a reliable, fully updated security program to perform a full scan of the affected computer.
- Malware analysts advise undoing any changes made to the affected Web browser's settings by the DNS Unlocker.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with DNS Unlocker & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like DNS Unlocker as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|1||%PROGRAMFILES%\GTFPOQUOTT Updater\GTFPOQUOTT Updater.exe||313,344||38d84d74a21c80863a1663a2ba71b886||608|
|7||%PROGRAMFILES%\CLiYnZA3gmda Updater\CLiYnZA3gmda Updater.exe||313,344||4d47911b1ae38d0e383356c3b2b475c3||76|
|10||%PROGRAMFILES%\DE9GryTlWekx Updater\DE9GryTlWekx Updater.exe||313,344||88d55ec2f7103e5f8d87cd389ad12e72||42|
|13||%PROGRAMFILES%\OpVqjfTMQ1xn Updater\OpVqjfTMQ1xn Updater.exe||313,344||500088fce0a9f99ccb04e79fa65089ba||39|
|15||%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\GRYu8cesdqUX Updater\GRYu8cesdqUX Updater.exe||313,344||556c5f8481d28a19fcefe0fb15ebf318||37|
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.