Windows Repairing System
Windows Repairing System is not a computer repair utility. Windows Repairing System is what is known as a rogue security application. Rogue security programs are dangerous malware disguised as legitimate computer repair utilities. Programs like Windows Repairing System attack a computer and cause numerous problems with its operation. Then, through fake computer scans, constant pop-up security alerts, error messages, and the noticeable problems on the computer, Windows Repairing System tries to convince the computer user to purchase this fake security program to fix the imaginary problems.
Table of Contents
Typical Symptoms of a Windows Repairing System Attack
Most rogue security applications have similar symptoms. Windows Repairing System acts like most rogue security applications from its famyly, the FakeSysDef family. Even though Windows Repairing System is not particularly unique, Windows Repairing System is a very dangerous breach of your computer's security and must be removed immediately. These are some of the ways Windows Repairing System tries to frighten you:
- Windows Repairing System alters the registry to start up along with Windows. There is no way to disable this "feature".
- Windows Repairing System refuses to let the computer user close the window until Windows Repairing System has performed its fake system scan. This scan will invariably return negative results; don't be fooled, even though Windows Repairing System displays a progress bar, Windows Repairing System isn't scanning anything.
- After the fake scan, Windows Repairing System will prompt the computer user to press the "Fix Problems" button and purchase a Windows Repairing System "license". It will continue to do this with constant pop-up notifications, security alerts, and error messages.
- Windows Repairing System can alter your Internet browser settings, change your homepage, block your access to the Internet, and redirect traffic to its own websites.
- Windows Repairing System can block or hide files on the affected computer and may display a fake security alert whenever the computer user tries to open an executable file (those ending with the .exe extension).
- One of this rogue program's most annoying effects is that the computer may slow down to a crawl, crash constantly, and become stuck or unresponsive.
Don’t Become a Victim of Windows Repairing System
Remember, Windows Repairing System is only after your money. Ignore any of its messages and don't give Windows Repairing System your credit card information. Instead, take steps to remove this harmful rogue program with a legitimate anti-malware application. Once you've removed Windows Repairing System, make sure that Windows Repairing System didn't bring along any nasty friends, running a complete scan of your system.
The numerous clones of Windows Repairing System include System Defragmenter, Ultra Defragger, HDD Control, Win HDD, Win Defrag, Win Defragmenter, Disk Doctor, Hard Drive Diagnostic, HDD Diagnostic, HDD Plus, HDD Repair, HDD Rescue, Smart HDD, Defragmenter, HDD Tools, Disk Repair, Windows Optimization Center, Scanner, HDD Low, Hdd Fix.
File System Details
Detections: The number of confirmed and suspected cases of a particular threat detected on infected computers as reported by SpyHunter.