Security Monitor 2012 Description
Security Monitor 2012 is a fake security program affiliated with the WinWeb Security family. The rogue security programs belonging to this family are all cause by variants of the WinWeb Security Trojan infection. Security Monitor 2012 is not unique in the way Security Monitor 2012 infects a computer system. According to ESG security researchers, Security Monitor 2012 is practically identical in every way to previous iterations of WinWeb Security. As the year 2011 comes to a close, the criminals behind this harmful malware infection have started releasing a batch of clones of WinWeb Security with the number '2012' attached to the end, in order to make it appear as if they are new versions of legitimate security software. In fact, there is practically no difference between Security Monitor 2012 and the 2011 and 2010 editions of this rogue security program, except for the small interface changes to accommodate the change to its name. If Security Monitor 2012 is installed on your computer system, ESG security researchers strongly recommend starting your computer up in Safe Mode and using a legitimate anti-malware program to remove Security Monitor 2012 and all of its associated malware. Failure to remove Security Monitor 2012 in a timely manner can result in the theft of your credit card information, as well as further malware making its way into your computer system.
The Security Monitor 2012 scam is a typical version of the rogue security application scam. Most infections follow the same pattern in order to trick their victims into giving up their hard-earned cash. Usually, the Security Monitor 2012 scam follows the same steps:
- Security Monitor 2012 is first installed onto a computer system with the help of a dropper or downloader Trojan. These are malware infections designed to enter a computer system and install or download other Trojans. Examples of these kinds of malware include Zlob, Vundo and the Fake Microsoft Security Essentials Alert Trojan.
- Once installed, Security Monitor 2012 will display a large number of alerts claiming that the computer system is severely infected with a variety of malware. ESG malware analysts recommend that you disregard all of Security Monitor 2012's warnings. The real infection on your computer is Security Monitor 2012 itself.
- Security Monitor 2012 then offers to fix these nonexistent problems as long as you purchase a 'full version' of this useless program.
Among the numerous clones of Security Monitor 2012 are System Security, Total Security, Antivirus Security, Total Security 2009, Security Tool, Trojan.RogueAV.a.gen, System Adware Scanner 2010, FakeAlert-KW.e, Advanced Security Tool 2010, System Tool 2011, Security Shield, MS Removal Tool, Antivirus Center, Antivirus Center, Essential Cleaner, Security Shield Pro 2011, Personal Shield Pro, Security Shield 2011, Advanced PC Shield 2012, Security Sphere 2012.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Security Monitor 2012 & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Security Monitor 2012 as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
How to Solve Security Monitor 2012 Problem
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|1||%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\mfcGLCtrl\msPathTime.dll||155,648||90351a17627d9e1e25c3213da4c17402||148|
|2||%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Flash PlayerInstaller.exe||1,100,440||87811bbef2433a2562a68bb08a493281||18|
|8||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\securitymanager.exe||N/A|
|9||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\Security Monitor.exe||N/A|
|10||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\securityhelper.exe||N/A|
|11||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\antivirus antispyware.exe||N/A|
|12||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\IcoUninstall.ico||N/A|
|13||%Programs%\Security Monitor 2012\Help Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
|14||%Desctop%\Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
|15||%Programs%\Security Monitor 2012\Activate Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
|16||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\IcoHelp.ico||N/A|
|17||%Programs%\Security Monitor 2012\Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
|18||%Programs%\Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
|19||%Programs%\Security Monitor 2012\||N/A|
|20||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\IcoActivate.ico||N/A|
|21||%AppData%\Security Monitor 2012\||N/A|
|22||%Programs%\Security Monitor 2012\How to Activate Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
|23||%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
|24||%Desktop%\Security Monitor 2012.lnk||N/A|
More Details on Security Monitor 2012
|Insecurity Internet activity. Threat of virus attack|
Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without knowledge, and that can lead to system slowdown, freezes and crashes. Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information. To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register your antivirus software.
|Security Center Alert|
To help protect your computer, Security Center has blocked some features of this program.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.