Personal Shield Pro Description
Personal Shield Pro is a rogue anti-virus program that can damage your computer and steal your credit card information. Personal Shield Pro is a clone of Ultimate Guard and XP Antivirus 2012. Rogue anti-virus programs are a category of malicious software known as scareware. These fake anti-spyware applications try to convince computer users that they need to buy a false anti-virus application. To convince computer users of this, Personal Shield Pro causes all kinds of problems on the infected computer. It will also display constant notifications claiming that the machine has any number of security problems. For example, Personal Shield Pro is known for detecting false infections like Adware.FindSpy, Email-Worm.Bagle, and Backdoor.Dreamy!sd6. It even takes the extra step of including malware descriptions of the supposed infections on the system. The problem is that these infections are completely imaginary. These are names and descriptions taken from virus databases. However, none of them are present on the infected system.
How Does Personal Shield Pro Infect Users?
There is a website network dedicated to selling Personal Shield Pro on the Internet. There is a similar network for each of this program's clones, like Ultimate Guard or XP Antivirus 2012. Each of these websites displays pop-ups selling Personal Shield Pro. They also offer to perform a free online scan on your computer, supposedly to detect malicious software affecting your system. Worse of all, these advertisements may also deliver Personal Shield Pro by way of a Trojan. Eventually, each one of these websites will get to the point. Visitors will be directed to websites asking for the computer user's credit card information.
How Does the Personal Shield Pro Scam Work?
The main problem with Personal Shield Pro is that there is nothing beyond the authentic-looking interface. Personal Shield Pro uses Trojans and malicious scripts to cause problems on users' computers. Then Personal Shield Pro's interface advertises Personal Shield Pro as a solution to all of the problems. However, Personal Shield Pro will refuse to fix the problems, until the computer user enters his credit card information. The Trojan related to Personal Shield Pro has also been known to cause other problems on a computer system:
- Can alter browser settings to affect Internet browsing. It does this so that the user cannot use the Internet to get help. It also does this to redirect browsing to Personal Shield Pro websites.
- Can block access to the user's own files. It can also cause files to become hidden, and your computer to crash randomly.
- Constant pop-up notifications and security alerts. These can alarm users into paying for Personal Shield Pro. As anyone that has suffered through a Personal Shield Pro infection can tell you, these can also be really annoying.
Dealing with Personal Shield Pro
First of all, you need to keep in mind that anything Personal Shield Pro claims is most likely a lie. You should not give Personal Shield Pro your credit card information. You should also not take any action against files marked as infected. These are often essential system files; removing these files may cause irreparable damage to your computer. Avoid the temptation of giving in and paying Personal Shield Pro to leave you alone. Entering your credit card information will not make the problems stop. Worse, you'll be left at risk for identity theft and loss of money.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Personal Shield Pro & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Personal Shield Pro as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|3||%Temp%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe||N/A|
|6||%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Desktop\Personal Shield Pro.lnk||N/A|
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.