Nemucod Ransomware Description
The Nemucod Ransomware is a variant of the Nemucod family that includes a ransomware component. The Nemucod is a well-known threat family composed by threatening Java scripts. A variant of the Nemucod downloads a variant of TeslaCrypt, referred to by malware researchers as the Nemucod Ransomware. The Nemucod Ransomware poses a real threat to computer users, and steps should be taken to ensure that your machine is not vulnerable to threats like the Nemucod Ransomware.
The Damage that may be Caused by a Code-Based Ransomware
Good and Bad News Related to the Nemucod Ransomware
Additional Information Regarding the Nemucod Ransomware
Our PC security researchers have observed that the Nemucod Ransomware is very similar to the KeyBTC Ransomware. However, the Nemucod Ransomware seems to be a simpler implementation of this ransomware Trojan's component. It is currently unknown if there is a direct relationship between the people responsible for the Nemucod Ransomware and the KeyBTC Ransomware, or if they simply copied the code from one to the other. Fortunately for computer users, the Nemucod Ransomware uses the XOR encryption, meaning that it is possible to decrypt the files without having to obtain the decryption key from the threat's creators. If your files have been encrypted by the Nemucod Ransomware, PC security researchers recommend the following measures to help with recovery:
- Files encrypted by the Nemucod Ransomware can be recovered with the XOR key that is embedded in the threat executable (a 255 character key). It is possible that a decryption utility has been made available by security researchers.
- Affected PCs can be restored using System Restore, which is usually disabled by more sophisticated ransomware Trojan variants.
- Files encrypted by the Nemucod Ransomware can be restored using Shadow Volume copies, which are deleted by more advanced ransomware Trojans. To do this, it may be necessary to download and run a Shadow Volume browser or recovery utility that can find the shadow copies of files that were encrypted.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Nemucod Ransomware & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Nemucod Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.