System Fix Description
Despite its name, System Fix is not designed to fix your computer system. Rather, System Fix is a rogue hard disk defragmentation program, which pretends to be a legitimate security program in order to steal your money. System Fix is part of a large number of fake defragmenters which include HDD Fix, HDD Repair, and System Restore. ESG PC security researchers strongly recommend against downloading or installing System Fix. If System Fix is already on your computer, this is a definite sign that your computer has become infected with dangerous Trojans. A System Fix infection is quite an obvious event since, as soon as the rogue defragmenter is installed, it will display a huge number of alarming error messages and fake security alerts. Do not fall for the System Fix scam; these fake notifications are all designed to alarm the victim, in order to convince the infected computer's owner to acquire a "full version" of this bogus security application.
Problems Associated with System Fix
A System Fix infection is highly visible. Unlike other Trojan infections which depend on being undetectable, System Fix wants you to know that System Fix is present, and deliberately cause a large number of problems to ensure that you buy this fake security program. Some problems associated with System Fix include the following.
- In the event of a System Fix infection, many of your files, folders and applications may appear to disappear suddenly. Do not worry, your files are not gone; System Fix changes their settings to "hidden" so that it will appear that they have been deleted.
- One of the main symptoms of a System Fix infection is a flood of constant alarming error messages, claiming catastrophic problems in your operating system.
- A computer infected with System Fix will launch this fake security program at start-up without the user's authorization. This means that every time you start up Windows you will be greeted by the System Fix splash screen, followed by a fake system scan and a plea for you to acquire a "full version" of this malicious security application.
- A System Fix infection does not play nice with your system. Computers infected with System Fix will become slow and prone to frequent crashes and the dreaded "blue screen of death."
Infected with System Fix? Scan Your PCDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect System Fix * SpyHunter's scanner is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
How to Find and Remove System Fix
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|19||%StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\Uninstall System Fix.lnk||N/A|
|22||%StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\System Fix.lnk||N/A|
|26||%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\System Fix.lnk||N/A|
More Details on System Fix
Data Restore Activation
Advanced module activation required to fix detected errors and performance issues. Please purchase Advanced Module license to activate this software and enable all features.
Hard drive critical error. Run a system diagnostic utility to check your hard disk drive for errors. Windows can’t find hard disk space. Hard drive error.
RAM memory usage is critically high. RAM memory failure.
Damaged hard drive clusters detected. Private data is at risk.
|Hard Drive Failure|
The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE/SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the system.
An error occurred while reading system files. Run a system diagnostic utility to check your hard disk drive for errors.