The fake search engine La.vuwl.com makes a lot of claims on its website. Among these, La.vuwl.com claims that La.vuwl.com is 'fast growing', edited by humans, compatible with Search Engine Optimization and completely spam-free. However, simply saying these things does not make them true. La.vuwl.com is a fake search engine which, like many similar rogue websites, is associated with malware and various online scams. In fact, fake search engines are a common online scam and examples abound. Some examples of these kinds of websites include CC Search, ZeroAccess rootkit. La.vuwl.com browser hijackers have also been associated with variants of the TDSS rootkit and with TDL3 rootkit. Symptoms of browser hijackers associated with La.vuwl.com include any of the following:
- The main symptom of a browser hijacker is being directed to sites like La.vuwl.com website when using your Internet browser. This redirection can take various forms, the most common being taken directly to La.vuwl.com, after entering any address into the address bar. Search results on legitimate search engines will also link to La.vuwl.com or to its many affiliate websites.
- Computer users infected with a browser hijacker may find that their online traffic and search results are delivered through malicious domains, also slowing down an infected computer's connection speed considerably. A simple way to check for this symptom is to observe the lower part of your Internet browser's window. Instead of displaying the word 'done' after visiting a website, infected computers will often display 'La.vuwl.com', meaning that traffic is being filtered or directed through this malicious website.
- Another common symptom of a browser hijacker infection is to have your Internet browser's homepage changed to sites like La.vuwl.com. This change will often be very difficult to undo. Other Internet browser settings may also be changed, particularly those directly related to your Internet browser's security and privacy settings.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with La.vuwl.com & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like La.vuwl.com as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.