1click downloader Description
Not to be confused by a reliable application for downloading YouTube videos, 1click downloader is a malicious program that is advertised as a utility for adding extra features to uTorrent. This program is one of the most common bittorrent clients on the market, a free lightweight application that is quite popular. Taking advantage of uTorrent's fame, 1click downloader is advertised as a way to download torrent files instantly without opening uTorrent's interface or clicking on the various dialogs that are necessary. However, 1click downloader has characteristics of malware applications. There have been numerous reports from computer users complaining that 1click downloader downloads and installs software from third parties without the computer user's consent. This makes 1click downloader a security risk that should not be allowed on a machine. ESG security analysts strongly recommend removing 1click downloader with a reliable anti-malware program and then running a full scan of your hard drive to ensure that no malware associated with 1click downloader has managed to infect your computer system.
Why You Should Worry About 1click Downloader
Regardless of the extent of the actual malware capabilities of 1click downloader, this application has behaviors that are more commonly associated with malware than with legitimate programs. Some of these include the following:
- 1click downloader runs in the background without the computer user's authorization. As part of its installation process, 1click downloader makes changes to the system settings and Windows Registry that allow 1click downloader to run automatically when Windows starts up and to work silently in the background without requiring the computer user's authorization.
- Removing 1click downloader through normal means is usually ineffective. Most of the time, 1click downloader will either be reinstalled automatically or simply refuse to leave, crashing or displaying error messages whenever an attempt is made to remove 1click downloader. This characteristic above most others is what makes PC security researchers highly skeptical about the nature of this application. In most cases, it is necessary to use an anti-malware program to remove 1click downloader and all of its associated files as well as reverting all changes 1click downloader makes to the Windows Registry and system settings.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with 1click downloader & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like 1click downloader as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.