The website Utilitiesdiscounts.com is associated with a browser hijacker that advertises rogue security applications. Typically, the website Utilitiesdiscounts.com is associated with the rogue anti-virus program Security Tool. If your Internet browser is being redirected to Utilitiesdiscounts.com, your computer is probably infected with a browser hijacker and one of a variety of Trojans. ESG security researchers also consider that the website Utilitiesdiscounts.com is quite unsafe. If you have visited Utilitiesdiscounts.com, you should run an in-depth scan of your computer to make sure you have not become infected with malware. Even if you have not downloaded anything from Utilitiesdiscounts.com, this malicious site contains components that may allow Utilitiesdiscounts.com to infect your computer directly.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of the Utilitiesdiscounts.com Browser Hijacker
Most people do not visit the website Utilitiesdiscounts.com on their own; they are directed there, because of a browser hijacker. This kind of malware is designed to hijack or take over your Internet browser and force it to take you to the website Utilitiesdiscounts.com repeatedly. Below, ESG team of malware analysts has listed some of the most important symptoms of an Utilitiesdiscounts.com browser hijacker infection:
- Computers infected with a browser hijacker will have their browser's homepage changed to websites like Utilitiesdiscounts.com.
- A browser hijacker is known for substituting search engine results with Utilitiesdiscounts.com's own links. This means that, after searching for something on Google, Bing, or similar search engines, the links shown will ultimately direct the victim to the Utilitiesdiscounts.com website, regardless of what was searched.
- A browser hijacker is also known for inserting links into what would normally be plain text. These links also direct the victim to the Utilitiesdiscounts.com website.
- Usually, a browser hijacker directs to a payment page of websites like Utilitiesdiscounts.com. Entering one's personal information or credit card numbers into this page is not recommended. This may pose a significant risk for identity theft or credit card fraud. Instead, it is recommended that you close your Internet browser, restart your computer system in Safe Mode, and use a legitimate anti-malware tool to search for the underlying cause of the Utilitiesdiscounts.com redirects.
- The presence of the Utilitiesdiscounts.com hijacker is associated with components that may cause a computer system to become unstable. Computer users with a browser hijacker infection will find that their system become slower and less stable.
File System Details
Detections: The number of confirmed and suspected cases of a particular threat detected on infected computers as reported by SpyHunter.
|2.||%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SecurityTool|
|4.||%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\SecurityTool|
|5.||%User Profile%\Local Settings\Temp|