United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus Description
The United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus is one of the many variants of the Reveton Trojan, a dangerous ransomware Trojan that has been responsible for variants of the same scam all around the world. European variants of this Trojan, like the United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus, use the Ukash money transfer service in order to charge their victims while North American variants tend to use MoneyPak for these kinds of scams. It is important to note that MoneyPak and Ukash are both a genuine money transfer deliverance that are not directly associated with malware like the United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus. In fact, if you have made the mistake of paying these ransomware Trojans' ransoms, you can often receive a refund from these companies if you report the scam immediately.
How the United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus Is Distributed into Its Victims' Computers
There are several ways in which criminals distribute the United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus. The following methods are the most common ways of distributing this dangerous ransomware Trojan:
- The United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus may be installed on a computer that has been directed to an attack website, which may use an exploit kit (such as the infamous Black Hole Exploit Kit) to take advantage of vulnerabilities in the victim's computer in order to infect it with malware.
- Attack websites are not the only ones that pose a threat. Legitimate, normally harmless websites may be compromised by criminals. By taking advantage of weak passwords or outdated software, criminals may insert malicious scripts into these websites which then distribute malware to computer users visiting the affected website.
- The United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus is often distributed through spam email messages containing malicious attachments or embedded links, which then point to websites used to infect visitors' computers.
- Like most Trojans, the United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus is often downloaded directly by the victim, who has been made to think that the United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus is actually a harmless file containing a particularly popular file in a file sharing website or an innocuous freeware application.
Like most ransomware Trojans, the United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus displays a bogus message from the police. This message accuses you of numerous criminal activities, which include viewing illegal pornographic content and distributing copyrighted material illegally. The United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus blocks access to the victim's computer and threatens the victim with prosecution unless a fine of one hundred pounds is paid within 72 hours.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like United Kingdom Police Ukash Virus as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
File System Details
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.