Searchya! Toolbar Description
Classified as adware, the Searchya! Toolbar is used to deliver advertisements to computer users, often in the form of pop-up windows and browser redirects. Carrying out a search on Searchya! Toolbar's associated search engine will usually result in low-quality search results replete with advertisements and links to websites containing unsafe content. Even though Searchya! Toolbar's website supposedly contains uninstall instructions, this adware infection may not be easy to remove and will usually require the help of a reliable anti-malware program.
Although the main symptoms of a browser hijacker infection associated with the Searchya.com website is the presence of the Searchya! Toolbar itself, there are several symptoms that point to the fact that Searchya! Toolbar is not a reliable web browser add-on:
- The presence of the Searchya! Toolbar on your computer may usually result in poor computer performance.
- Attempting to remove Searchya! Toolbar manually may usually result in error messages, crashes, or in the Searchya! Toolbar being reinstalled automatically when the infected web browser starts up again.
- Your web browser's homepage may have been changed to Searchya.com without your authorization. Your default search engine and favorite websites may also have been altered as well.
- The Searchya! Toolbar may usually cause the infected web browser to display fake error messages and pop-up alerts from the Windows Task Bar.
- Unfortunately, the Searchya! Toolbar will rarely attack alone. If the Searchya! Toolbar is installed on your computer, then it is probable that your machine has become infected with other kinds of malware threats.
Removing the Searchya! Toolbar from your computer will usually require an updated anti-malware program. Since Searchya! Toolbar will often be associated with other malware threats, ESG security researchers advise scanning your hard drives to make sure that other malware infections have not entered your computer. The Searchya! Toolbar makes modifications to the Windows Registry and to your computer's settings. Because of this, simply reinstalling you web browser or changing from one web browser to another will do nothing to stop symptoms associated with the Searchya! Toolbar.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your computer. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.