Remarkit is a Potentially Unwanted Program that is used to generate advertisement revenue and expose computer users to marketing materials. Remarkit is promoted as a useful Web browser add-on. However, Remarkit does not deliver on its promises and, more worryingly, may cause a large number of problems on affected computers. Because of this, Remarkit should not be installed on your computer. If you have already allowed Remarkit to enter your computer, in most cases without your knowledge, then remove Remarkit immediately. Since Remarkit may expose your computer to threatening content, security researchers suggest the utilization of a tested security program to ensure that no unsafe content has come into contact with your computer as a consequence of Remarkit advertisements and redirects.
The Dangers Associated with Remarkit
There are several reasons why malware analysts consider that Remarkit poses a threat to your computer. Listed below are some reasons why you should avoid installing Remarkit or remove Remarkit from your computer if Remarkit is already installed:
- Remarkit may expose your computer to potentially unsafe content. The main way in which Remarkit does this is by causing browser redirects, forcing your Web browser to visit websites containing potentially unsafe content. Remarkit displays a wide variety of advertisements on affected Web browsers, ranging from banner advertisements and sliding advertisements to intrusive pop-up and disruptive in-text advertisements.
- Remarkit may affect your computer's performance by consuming system resources. This means that Remarkit may cause your computer to slow down significantly, affecting your Web browser and causing it to crash or freeze frequently. Remarkit may affect your Internet connectivity, causing innocuous Web pages to take much longer than normal to load on the affected computer.
- Remarkit may violate your privacy by spying on your activity and sending data about your computer to a third party. This data may end up being used for identity theft purposes or for other types of unsafe practices.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Remarkit & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Remarkit as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|8||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\dkoblikphflgnejfcpmgohgmpllkpneg||N/A|
|13||%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\jdbbenbokodfnimpcglkdjfcokkdkkjg||N/A|
|14||%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\dkoblikphflgnejfcpmgohgmpllkpneg||N/A|
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.