Ominent Toolbar Description
The Ominent Toolbar is a browser toolbar that has been linked to questionable tactics and potential intrusions on victims' privacy. The Ominent Toolbar may be installed without the computer user's knowledge. In general, the Ominent Toolbar and similar toolbars may be bundled with free software, with the option to opt out of installing the Ominent Toolbar hidden from the computer user. Security researchers strongly advise against installing Web browser extensions like the Ominent Toolbar. These typically cause numerous problems on the affected Web browsers and may compromise the victims' privacy. The Ominent Toolbar is a Web browser plug-in for the most popular Web browsers, that may include Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, and will typically affect Web browsers that run on the Windows operating system. Because of the many undesirable effects of the Ominent Toolbar on an effected Web browser, security researchers strongly advise against installing this PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). If the Ominent Toolbar is already installed on a computer, the Ominent Toolbar should be removed immediately with the aid of a reliable anti-malware program.
Common Problems that Have Been Linked to the Ominent Toolbar
There are numerous issues that have been associated with the Ominent Toolbar. Listed below are common problems that affect computers afflicted by this PUP:
- When installed, the Ominent Toolbar may make changes to the affected computer's settings that allow the Ominent Toolbar to run automatically, reinstall itself after the Ominent Toolbar has been removed and have unauthorized access to the victim's files and memory processes.
- The Ominent Toolbar may cause Web browser redirects, causing the affected Web browser to visit websites associated with the Ominent Toolbar repeatedly.
- The Ominent Toolbar has been linked to pop-up advertisements.
- The Ominent Toolbar contains components that may compromise your security by keeping track of your online activity and online searches. The Ominent Toolbar uses this information to redirect your Web browser, display advertisements and carry out marketing research.
- Generally, the Ominent Toolbar is similar to numerous other, similar threats. These seldom attack alone. The presence of the Ominent Toolbar on a computer typically indicates that other PUPs or even more harmful threats are already present on the affected computer.
Infected with Ominent Toolbar? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Ominent Toolbar
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|10||%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pfbeipanohfeidpadabjjooclppdoghg||13|