Nav-links Virus Description
The Nav-links Virus is an adware infection that has been associated with a variety of problems on affected computer systems. The Nav-links Virus changes the affected Web browser's search engine, home page, and other important settings. Most Nav-links Virus infections involve frequent redirects, the appearance of pop-up advertisements and unwanted content. Although many computer users refer to this infection as a 'virus', the Nav-links Virus is actually an adware infection, less severe and with different mechanisms of infection.
The Nav-links Virus causes browser redirects to websites that contain advertisements and affiliate marketing links. A Nav-links Virus infection may prevent computer users from browsing the Web normally and may interfere with the normal use of the victim's browser. The most alarming part of the Nav-links Virus infection is that the Nav-links Virus can keep track of the infected Web browser's activities, gathering information about the victim's online activity and browser history. One of the main ways in which the developers of the Nav-links Virus can profit from this infection is by selling this information to shady marketers and other third parties.
Common Problems Associated with the Nav-links Virus
The Nav-links Virus is designed to deliver advertisements. Adware like the Nav-links Virus is a very common online threat which, while not particularly severe, may seriously interfere with your online activity and compromise your privacy. The Nav-links Virus can affect the three most popular Web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. There are several symptoms of a Nav-links Virus infection, including the following:
- The Nav-links Virus may change your Web browser's homepage, default search engine, favorite websites and other preset Web pages.
- The Nav-links Virus may show the computer users misleading advertisements, redirecting the victim to phishing websites or low quality search engines designed to display sponsored search results.
- The Nav-links Virus may interfere with security programs on the infected computer, preventing the computer user from removing this infection.
- The Nav-links Virus may cause the affected Web browser to display pop-up advertisements.
Infected with Nav-links Virus? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Nav-links Virus * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.