Larparus is an adware infection that takes the form of a Web browser extension or add-on. Larparus is generally regarded as a PUP or Potentially Unwanted Program. This means that Larparus is not considered risky, like viruses or Trojans, but that Larparus causes threat-like symptoms on affected Web browsers. Computer users have reported numerous issues involving Larparus, including browser redirects, unauthorized changes to the affected Web browser settings and numerous advertisements and pop-up windows. If you are experiencing these types of problems, it generally indicates that a PUP is installed on your computer. If Larparus has already been installed on your computer, Larparus should be removed immediately with the help of a reliable security program. Security researchers recommend avoiding Larparus and similar Web browser add-ons offering similar services. Larparus is usually bundled with low quality software downloaded from poorly monitored sources.
The Various Signs of Larparus' Presence on a Computer
One of the main reasons why security researchers consider that Larparus may be harmful is that Larparus causes numerous symptoms on the affected computer. The following symptoms may be associated with Larparus (similar symptoms are usually present in relationship to other PUP infections):
- Larparus may make unauthorized changes to the affected Web browser's settings. Larparus may change the affected Web browser's homepage, default security settings and search engine without permission.
- Larparus has browser hijacker capabilities, expropriating the PC user's Web browser and leading computer users to certain websites repeatedly. These redirects are meant to profit from advertising by raising these websites' traffic numbers and page ranking.
- Larparus may cause affected Web browsers to display numerous types of advertisements on the affected Web browser. Larparus may cause Web browsers to display pop-up windows, adds banner advertisements and sliding advertisements to unrelated websites, and highlights certain text so that Larparus may display pop-up windows when the computer user passes the mouse cursor over it.
- Larparus may cause performance issues on affected Web browsers, causing them to slow down, crash, or freeze frequently.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Larparus & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Larparus as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.