EnigmaSoft Threat Scorecard
EnigmaSoft Threat Scorecards are assessment reports for different malware threats which have been collected and analyzed by our research team. EnigmaSoft Threat Scorecards evaluate and rank threats using several metrics including real-world and potential risk factors, trends, frequency, prevalence, and persistence. EnigmaSoft Threat Scorecards are updated regularly based on our research data and metrics and are useful for a wide range of computer users, from end users seeking solutions to remove malware from their systems to security experts analyzing threats.
EnigmaSoft Threat Scorecards display a variety of useful information, including:
Ranking: The ranking of a particular threat in EnigmaSoft’s Threat Database.
Severity Level: The determined severity level of an object, represented numerically, based on our risk modeling process and research, as explained in our Threat Assessment Criteria.
Infected Computers: The number of confirmed and suspected cases of a particular threat detected on infected computers as reported by SpyHunter.
See also Threat Assessment Criteria.
|Threat Level:||20 % (Normal)|
|First Seen:||June 2, 2023|
|Last Seen:||September 27, 2023|
After a thorough examination conducted by the team, it has been determined that Battlehammer.top employs deceptive tactics to manipulate visitors into granting permission for notification display. The page presents a misleading message aimed at tricking individuals into consenting to receive notifications from the site. Additionally, Battlehammer.top redirects visitors to various other deceptive pages, further compromising its trustworthiness and credibility.
It is worth noting that users commonly access websites like Battlehammer.top unintentionally, often as a result of inadvertent clicks or through misleading links and advertisements.
Table of Contents
Users Should Exercise Caution When Dealing with Rogue Sites Like Battlehammer.top
Battlehammer.top implements a deceptive strategy by instructing visitors to click the 'Allow' button under the pretense of initiating a file download. However, it should be noted that clicking this button while visiting Battlehammer.top actually grants the website permission to send notifications to the user's device. It is crucial to exercise caution and refrain from granting notification permissions to websites that employ such misleading tactics to obtain user consent.
Notifications originating from Battlehammer.top have the potential to lead users to a range of destinations, including but not limited to phishing sites, scam pages, websites hosting malicious software, and other untrustworthy online platforms. These pages are often designed to deceive individuals into divulging sensitive personal information, engaging in fraudulent transactions, or unwittingly installing harmful malware onto their devices.
To ensure online security and protect personal privacy, it is vital to exercise vigilance and avoid interacting with notifications from dubious or untrustworthy sources. By doing so, users can significantly reduce the risks associated with potential threats. Furthermore, another compelling reason to refrain from visiting or placing trust in Battlehammer.top is its propensity to redirect visitors to other questionable websites, such as butteraalsofour.xyz. This particular page employs a clickbait technique, enticing visitors into consenting to receive notifications through deceptive means.
Remaining cautious, informed, and mindful of the potential risks and deceptive practices employed by websites like Battlehammer.top and its associated redirections, such as butteraalsofour.xyz, is crucial in safeguarding one's online experiences, security, and privacy.
Fake CAPTCHA Checks are Often Used by Rogue Websites
Users can recognize a fake CAPTCHA check by being aware of certain signs and indicators that can help identify its deceptive nature. Here are some key signs to look out for:
- Unusual or Excessive CAPTCHA Requests: Legitimate websites typically employ CAPTCHA checks sparingly, only when necessary to verify user activity or prevent automated actions. If users encounter frequent or repetitive CAPTCHA requests, especially on unrelated or unexpected websites, it could be a sign of a fake CAPTCHA check.
- Poorly Rendered or Distorted CAPTCHA Images: Fake CAPTCHA checks often display poorly rendered, distorted, or illegible CAPTCHA images. Legitimate CAPTCHAs are designed to be easily readable by humans while remaining challenging for automated bots. If the CAPTCHA image appears overly complicated, unclear, or intentionally confusing, it may indicate a fraudulent attempt.
- Absence of Verification or Feedback: Legitimate CAPTCHA checks typically provide immediate verification or feedback upon completion. This can include a confirmation message or a checkmark indicating successful completion. If users do not receive any form of verification or feedback after completing the CAPTCHA, it may be a red flag suggesting a fake CAPTCHA check.
- Invasive Requests for Personal Information: Legitimate CAPTCHA checks focus solely on verifying human interaction and do not require users to provide personal information beyond what is necessary to complete the task at hand. Suppose a CAPTCHA check prompts users to input sensitive data, including phone numbers, email addresses, or financial information. In that case, it is likely a fake CAPTCHA attempt aimed at collecting personal details for malicious purposes.
- Suspicious Website Behavior: Pay attention to the overall behavior of the website requesting the CAPTCHA check. Suppose the website exhibits other signs of untrustworthiness, such as intrusive ads, suspicious pop-ups, or a history of malicious activities. In that case, it increases the likelihood of the CAPTCHA check being fake.
In summary, users should be cautious when encountering CAPTCHA checks that exhibit any of these signs. The legitimacy of the CAPTCHA request and the website on which it appears before engaging with it should be verified. Suppose there are doubts about the authenticity of a CAPTCHA check. In that case, it is advisable to exercise caution, avoid providing personal information, and consider reaching out to the website's official support channels for clarification.
Battlehammer.top may call the following URLs: