Arcade Parlor Description
Arcade Parlor is a low quality Web browser extension or toolbar that has been classified by security researchers as a Potentially Unwanted Program. PUPs like Arcade Parlor may cause a wide variety of problems on affected Web browsers. Arcade Parlor in particular is promoted as a way of gaining access to numerous fun Web browser games directly from a Web browser toolbar. The purpose of Arcade Parlor is not to help you gain access to this kind of content but, rather, to expose you to advertising content and to profit at your expense. Arcade Parlor may endanger your privacy and expose your Web browser to unsafe online content. Because of this, security researchers advise the immediate removal of Arcade Parlor with the help of a reliable security application.
What is the Purpose of PUPs Like Arcade Parlor
The main purpose of PUPs like Arcade Parlor is to profit at the expense of computer users. Arcade Parlor may do this using the following tactics:
- Arcade Parlor generates advertising revenue directly by displaying intrusive advertisements on affected Web browsers. Arcade Parlor advertisements may promote unsafe online content and may potentially expose your computer to other PUPs, more severe types of threats or by endangering the computer users' privacy. Malware researchers have associated Arcade Parlor with pop-up advertisements, banner advertisements and various other kinds of intrusive marketing material.
- Marketers may also generate advertising revenue at the expense of computer users by forcing them to visit websites associated with Arcade Parlor repeatedly. Arcade Parlor hijacks the victim's Web browser, redirecting it to these types of low quality Web pages whenever the computer user types an address into the affected Web browser, access a link or carries out an online search. Arcade Parlor redirects raise these low quality Web pages' page ranking and traffic stats at the expense of computer users.
- Arcade Parlor may also gather personal information about your browsing habits for use in marketing research.
Infected with Arcade Parlor? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Arcade Parlor * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.