Antiviral-factory.com is used to sell a rogue security application known as Antiviral Factory 2013. Antiviral Factory 2013 is a fake security program that was created by cybercrooks to scam inexperienced computer users. Antiviral Factory 2013 is part of the same malware family as Live Security Platinum, a rogue anti-virus program released in Summer of 2012. Antiviral Factory 2013 is installed without authorization. Since the software being sold on Antiviral-factory.com is fake, ESG security researchers strongly advise staying away from this website. There are numerous clones of the Antiviral-factory.com website, each designed to sell a particular brand of rogue security application by resembling a legitimate security company's website.
How Antiviral-factory.com Tries to Scam Computer Users
Software sold on Antiviral-factory.com is designed to make harmful changes to the victim's computer. These are designed to make sure that the fake security program starts up automatically when the victim logs into Windows. Once installed, these fake security applications carry out fake system scans, display bogus error messages, and attempt to make the victim believe that the affected computer is severely infected with various Trojans, viruses and worms. These scams work by making sure that the victim pays for a bogus upgrade for this fake security application. Computer users may be forced to visit Antiviral-factory.com because of an existing malware infection on their computer. Malicious advertisements for fake security software contained on unsafe websites may also redirect computer users to the Antiviral-factory.com website. Computer users may also end up visiting Antiviral-factory.com directly, believing that Antiviral-factory.com is selling a legitimate security program. It is strongly advised to use a reliable anti-malware application to scan the infected computer after any contact with the Antiviral-factory.com website.
Protecting Yourself from Antiviral-factory.com
There are several reasons why ESG security analysts strongly advise staying away from the Antiviral-factory.com website. These reasons include the following:
- Products sold on Antiviral-factory.com are fake and part of known online scams.
- Computer users may be forced to visit Antiviral-factory.com against their will.
- Antiviral-factory.com may be associated with malware or potentially unwanted programs designed to cause pop-up windows and browser redirects.
- Antiviral-factory.com may also be associated with components designed to keep track of your online activity and browsing history.
- Disclosing your financial information to Antiviral-factory.com, for example by buying its fake security application, may result in loss of your money, identity theft, and other types of credit card fraud.