'.abc File Extension' Ransomware Description
The '.abc File Extension' Ransomware is one of the many variants of TeslaCrypt that have been released in the final weeks of 2015 and early 2016. The appearance of the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware and dozens of other TeslaCrypt variants coincides with two events: the release of TeslaCrypt 3.0, which removes a vulnerability that allowed PC security researchers to obtain the decryption key and help computer users recover their encrypted files, and the implementation of TeslaCrypt as RaaS (Ransomware as a Service.) Like other ransomware Trojans, the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware is designed to take the victim's files hostage, encrypting them using its encryption algorithm and demanding the payment of a ransom to release the decryption key that will make it possible affected computer users to recover the encrypted files.
How the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware Attack Works
An '.abc File Extension' Ransomware infection is not difficult to understand. The '.abc File Extension' Ransomware's approach is almost identical to the countless other ransomware variants that are currently active:
- The '.abc File Extension' Ransomware and its variants may be delivered using corrupted email attachments. Other typical threat delivery methods include the use of attack websites and fake files on file sharing networks.
- Once the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware has been opened, it scans the victim's hard drives and looks for files to encrypt. The '.abc File Extension' Ransomware and other TeslaCrypt variants are known for targeting video game files besides the more common file formats targeted by most encryption ransomware. The following are the types of files that are encrypted by the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware:
- Using AES encryption, the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware encrypts files with the above extensions.
- PC security researchers have observed that the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware also deletes Shadow Volume copies of these files as well as System Restore points, which makes it impossible to recover the encrypted files using these alternate methods. Without the decryption key, it is almost impossible to decrypt files that have been encrypted by the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware, which uses AES encryption.
- The '.abc File Extension' Ransomware delivers the news of the attack to the computer user by dropping text files in the directories where the files were encrypted. The '.abc File Extension' Ransomware also may change the affected PC's wallpaper or desktop image. Below is a common ransom message used by the '.abc File Extension' Ransomware and other variants of this threat:
.7z; .rar; .m4a; .wma; .avi; .wmv; .csv; .d3dbsp; .sc2save; .sie; .sum; .ibank; .t13; .t12; .qdf; .gdb; .tax; .pkpass; .bc6; .bc7; .bkp; .qic; .bkf; .sidn; .sidd; .mddata; .itl; .itdb; .icxs; .hvpl; .hplg; .hkdb; .mdbackup; .syncdb; .gho; .cas; .svg; .map; .wmo; .itm; .sb; .fos; .mcgame; .vdf; .ztmp; .sis; .sid; .ncf; .menu; .layout; .dmp; .blob; .esm; .001; .vtf; .dazip; .fpk; .mlx; .kf; .iwd; .vpk; .tor; .psk; .rim; .w3x; .fsh; .ntl; .arch00; .lvl; .snx; .cfr; .ff; .vpp_pc; .lrf; .m2; .mcmeta; .vfs0; .mpqge; .kdb; .db0; .DayZProfile; .rofl; .hkx; .bar; .upk; .das; .iwi; .litemod; .asset; .forge; .ltx; .bsa; .apk; .re4; .sav; .lbf; .slm; .bik; .epk; .rgss3a; .pak; .big; .unity3d; .wotreplay; .xxx; .desc; .py; .m3u; .flv; .js; .css; .rb; .png; .jpeg; .txt; .p7c; .p7b; .p12; .pfx; .pem; .crt; .cer; .der; .x3f; .srw; .pef; .ptx; .r3d; .rw2; .rwl; .raw; .raf; .orf; .nrw; .mrwref; .mef; .erf; .kdc; .dcr; .cr2; .crw; .bay; .sr2; .srf; .arw; .3fr; .dng; .jpeg; .jpg; .cdr; .indd; .ai; .eps; .pdf; .pdd; .psd; .dbfv; .mdf; .wb2; .rtf; .wpd; .dxg; .xf; .dwg; .pst; .accdb; .mdb; .pptm; .pptx; .ppt; .xlk; .xlsb; .xlsm; .xlsx; .xls; .wps; .docm; .docx; .doc; .odb; .odc; .odm; .odp; .ods; .odt.
Your personal files are encrypted!
Your files have been safely encrypted on this PC: photos, videos, documents, etc. Click "Show Encrypted Files" button to view a complete list on encrypted files, and you can personally verify this.
Encryption was produced using a unique public key RSA-2048 generated for this computer. To decrypt files you need to obtain the private key.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with '.abc File Extension' Ransomware & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like '.abc File Extension' Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.