ZenSearch.com is a low quality search engine that is closely associated with a Web browser extension or plug-in generally considered as a Potentially Unwanted Program. The main goal of ZenSearch.com is not to provide useful services or help computer users carry out online searches. Rather, the main goal of ZenSearch.com is to generate revenue by letting them vulnerable to advertising material, causing problems on the affected Web browser, directing traffic to ZenSearch.com and other sponsored websites and compromising the victim's privacy and security. PUPs associated with ZenSearch.com may affect the most popular Web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Since they may present a risk to your privacy and security malware analysts strongly recommend removing all content associated with ZenSearch.com from your computer at once.
How Marketers Use ZenSearch.com to Profit at Your Expense
The main goal of low quality search engines like ZenSearch.com and their associated PUPs is to generate revenue and profit at the expense of inexperienced computer users. The following are common ways in which this may occur:
- One of the most popular ways in which marketers use ZenSearch.com to profit is by displaying numerous pop-up windows and suspicious error messages. These may typically contain numerous advertisements and affiliate marketing links with the purpose of generating advertisement revenue directly from the computer user whenever an advertisement is viewed or clicked on.
- PUPs associated with ZenSearch.com may compromise computer users' security by monitoring their online activities and Web browser settings. This data may be gathered by content associated with ZenSearch.com and then sold to a third party or used by PUPs linked to ZenSearch.com themselves in order to deliver specific advertisements to the affected Web browser. This intrusion in your privacy may be used to carry out identity theft scams or credit card fraud.
- PUPs associated with ZenSearch.com are designed to force computer users to visit specific websites, increasing their traffic, page ranking and revenue from page views and advertisement clicks.
Infected with ZenSearch.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect ZenSearch.com * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details