'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner Description
The 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner is a process that stands for a Trojan horse infection. It works by disrupting digital cryptocurrency such as Monero and Bitcoin, as well as other cryptocurrency kinds that utilize the resources of a computer. The user is often none the wiser due to the stealthy nature of the threat. The 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner miners are different, built-in software that can be found on the Internet for free. The main disadvantage of this freeware is that there could be more to it than meets the eye. The 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner is one such example as it can be bundled in such software combinations and installed without the knowledge of the user.
Examples of the 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner behavior is when it starts to use up the CPU, effectively becoming a resource hog for its own purposes without the user’s knowledge. Once the installation is complete, the 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner tends to slow down the affected computers to a crawl. This can turn most heavily in used computers, such as those of gamers to stutter and even freeze at times due to being starved for system resources. This overtaxing type of the processor may end up in it wearing out faster and shortening its lifespan so that users are advised to get rid of xsockx.exe as soon as possible.
Potential symptoms of an xsockx.exe presence may include the following:
- CPU and graphics card usage and temperatures jumping drastically as the 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner uses up system resources.
- The Web browsing is slowed down significantly.
- The launching of software also takes much longer than usual.
- Your PC performs poorly overall.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like 'xsocksx.exe' CPU Miner as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.