Wisersearch.com is a low quality search engine that may be associated with browser hijackers that are often bundled with freeware or shareware applications. Low quality search engines like Wisersearch.com may be bundled with browser hijackers as a way to trick inexperienced computer users into visiting these low quality search engines repeatedly and be exposed to advertising revenue and sponsored marketing links. This is common when visiting websites like Wisersearch.com because their supposed search results are little more than advertisements and a list of affiliate marketing links. Wisersearch.com is associated with an unwanted browser component typically referred to as a PUP, or Potentially Unwanted Program. PUPs are not nearly as damaging as most threats and may be uninstalled in a manner that is much easier than with Trojans. However, PUPs cause symptoms on affected computers that may be just as disruptive as more unwanted components. PUPs associated with Wisersearch.com may cause the following types of problems on affected computers:
- PUPs associated with Wisersearch.com may cause redirects, forcing the affected Web browser to visit Wisersearch.com repeatedly. This promotes Wisersearch.com, raising its page ranking and increasing its Web traffic.
- PUPs associated with Wisersearch.com may also track your browsing history and search habits. This information may be sold to marketers to perform market research and display advertisements on affected computers.
- Wisersearch.com redirects may be associated with pop-up advertisements and advertising links. These PUPs are used to fool inexperienced computer users into visiting websites associated with Wisersearch.com.
Abolishing Wisersearch.com and Its Associated PUPs
If you are experiencing pop-ups and redirects associated with Wisersearch.com, security analysts strongly recommend removing any PUP installed on your computer. These types of PUPs are often Web browser extensions or toolbars that may be uninstalled in the same way as most Web browser plug-ins. Once PUPs associated with Wisersearch.com are removed, security researchers advise scanning the affected computer with a fully updated anti-malware application to ensure that no files or components associated with Wisersearch.com remain on your machine.
Infected with Wisersearch.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Wisersearch.com * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.