There have been reports of Websearch.soft-quick.info redirects associated with the most popular web browsers in the market, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. This is part of a browser hijacker attack involving this website. There are two common symptoms of these attacks: having your homepage changed to Websearch.soft-quick.info and having your web browser direct you to Websearch.soft-quick.info repeatedly. While these kinds of attacks can be irritating, it is important to note that they also pose a severe threat to your computer's security and to your privacy. Websearch.soft-quick.info redirects should be regarded as symptoms of a more severe infection that should be removed with the help of a reliable anti-malware application.
A browser hijacker is simply a malware infection designed to control the victim's web browser in order to force it to visit a particular website or carry out particular tasks without the computer user's authorization. Browser hijackers associated with Websearch.soft-quick.info may cause the following symptoms:
- Browser hijackers associated with Websearch.soft-quick.info are designed to change the infected web browser's homepage to Websearch.soft-quick.info, ensuring that this website is the first thing the victim sees when starting up the infected computer's web browser.
- While browsing the net, Websearch.soft-quick.info will appear repeatedly in pop-up windows. Random advertisements and error messages may also pop up, as well as windows and messages that appear when mousing over a particular link or word in a web browser window.
- An infected web browser will force the victim to visit Websearch.soft-quick.info repeatedly. These kinds of redirects can occur after clicking on a link, searching for a keyword on an online search engine or entering an address into the infected web browser's address bar.
- The infected web browser's default setting will be changed to make it easier for browser hijackers associated with Websearch.soft-quick.info to carry out their attacks. You should also notice that features such as bookmarks, favorite websites and the default search engine may be changed to Websearch.soft-quick.info without the computer user's authorization.
Infected with Websearch.soft-quick.info? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Websearch.soft-quick.info * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.