Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk is a threat that is used to take over a computer and give a third party access to the computer user's PC. Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk poses a significant threat to computer users' privacy and data security. Because of this, if your security software indicates that your computer is infected with Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk, malware researchers strongly recommend the use of a reliable, fully updated anti-malware application. Not removing Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk immediately may put your financial and private data at risk as well as allow third parties to use your computer, accessing it from a remote location. To prevent further infections involving threats like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk, malware researchers recommend the use of a skilled security software to monitor your computer regularly and follow strict security guidelines when browsing the Web or connecting external drives to your computer.
Understanding Trojan Infections Like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk
Trojans like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk are named after the Trojan Horse from the Greek mythology. The reason why Trojans receive this name is because, unlike viruses or worms, they cannot spread on their own. Instead, Trojans rely on computer users themselves to enter a computer. To do this, Trojans may be disguised as legitimate or attractive files, which convince computer users to open them. Once the Trojan is opened, much like the Trojan Horse released the soldiers inside it into unsuspecting Troy, the threat releases its payload, a threatening code that carries out the attack on the victim's computer.
What is the Payload of threats Like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk
Most Trojans like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk have payloads that allow access to the infected computer. In general, this means that they establish a 'backdoor' into the infected computer. A backdoor is simply an opening in the infected computer's security that allows a third-party to establish a connection from a remote location. Using this connection, third parties may carry out all kinds of attacks. Some of the attacks that have been associated with Trojans like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk may include the following:
- Using Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk, third parties may install other threats on the infected computer. While Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk is used to establish the connection, the threat installed may be used to monetize the attack, that is, to generate money at the expense of the affected computer user. Typical ways of monetizing Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk attacks may include adware infections that fill the victim's computer with advertisements and pop-up windows, ransomware that takes the affected computer user's files hostage until a ransom is paid, or rogue security programs that are used to trick inexperienced computer users into paying for fake security applications.
- Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk may also be used to install a data collector software. In fact, Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk may be integrated with data collecting components that may use the victim's files and monitor their online activities. Using these types of components, Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk may result in the loss of online passwords, credit card numbers, online banking information and other data. In the case of corporate or industrial computers, a Trojan infection may result in the loss of critical data with long-term effects on a business' earnings and activities.
- Trojans like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk may also be used to take control of the infected computer. The infected machine may become a bot, part of a botnet or a large network of infected computers.Third parties may control these botnets to carry out coordinated attacks. Using thousands of infected computers, third parties may launder money, hide their online activities, stash child pornography or other unlawful data, carry out DDoS attacks on certain targets or send out massive quantities of spam email. Computers infected in this way are an important part of the devices third parties use to distribute threats like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Trojan:Win32/Lodbak.A!lnk as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.