Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J is a rootkit infection. Although Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J may be classified as a Trojan, malware analysts have noted that Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J uses threatening rootkit tactics to infect computers and carry out its strategies. Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J is notoriously difficult to remove. After computer users try to remove Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J, Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J returns almost immediately. This happens because Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J uses advanced rootkit techniques to infect computers at a particularly deep and difficult to remove level.
The Many Problems that may be Caused by Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J
Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J is may be particularly threatening. Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J may be disseminated using typical threat distribution methods, such as compromised spam email messages or attack websites. Once Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J is installed on a computer, Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J will disable the affected computer's security programs and firewall protection, cause it to initiate and shut down randomly, and may cause a wide variety of other symptoms, such as browser redirects or frequent crashing. It is important to note that Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J seldom attacks alone. Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J may download and install other threats on the affected computer. Threats associated with Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J may endanger your privacy, and will try to gain access to your sensitive data. Considering this, threat researchers strongly counsel the removal of Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J. Many security programs may not be capable of removing Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J automatically. It is often necessary to use manual removal methods or a specialized tool to deal with rootkits like Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J.
General Characteristics Linked to Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J
The following characteristics are common issues associated with Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J:
- Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J may be bundled with other types of threats or may be used to distribute other threats.
- Since Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J uses rootkit techniques, this threat may be very difficult to remove with the use of the most regular anti-malware applications.
- Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J infections may result in severe system performance issues.
- Once installed, Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J may take over the entire affected computer and result in the installation of other threats.
- Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J may present a severe threat to your computer's integrity and to the computer users' privacy.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.