'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome Extension Description
The 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome extension by boac.me is classified as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Computer security analysts note that the 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome extension may inject ads on the pages you load and send your browsing history to marketers without your consent. The 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome extension is known to request access to all data exchanged online, as well as make a record of your installed extensions, themes and Web apps. That information is valuable to marketers who are looking to improve their product positioning and increase profits. The 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome extension by boac.me is described on the Chrome Web Store — chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/star-shaped-pies/hofflgideggmbkicgkniefmmhkhelefj as:
'This tasty and beautiful dish is guaranteed to be the star of the party.
Everyone likes sweet pies. This tasty and beautiful dish is guaranteed to be the star of the party.'
It is not likely that the marketing pitch above would attract the attention of educated Web users. Installing the app is manifested as an icon in the navigation panel, which looks like the tip of a pencil colored in dirty white. The figure may be hard to distinguish on the navigation panel if you are using the default theme in Google Chrome. Clicks on the 'Star Shaped Pies' icon do not open a drop-down menu or trigger visible action in the browser. However, a look at the code of 'Star Shaped Pies' revealed that the app exchanges data with remote servers known to be controlled by ad networks. Additionally, we have received reports that the 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome Extension by boac.me is seen on the 'Add Extension To Leave' Pop-Ups. The 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome extension behaves very similarly to the products deployed via the Chrome-38.site platform. PC users may notice pop-up windows by 'Star Shaped Pies' that carry titles like 'Powered by Star Shaped Pies.' You can remove the 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome extension and associated tracking cookies with the help of a trustworthy anti-malware utility. The report of the 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome extension helped cybersecurity researchers find similar apps that are known under the following names:
- "Charming Hanging Lanterns" Chrome Extension by pily[.]me
- "Croissant French Toast" Chrome Extension by ywis[.]me
- "Desert Style Basket" Chrome Extension by hond[.]me
- "Foeshassles" Chrome Extension by Foeshassles.com
- "Ideas to Beautify Your Apartment" Chrome Extension by Yhwh.me
- "Italian Skewers" Chrome Extension by mowm[.]me
- "Pink Lemonade" Chrome Extension by Salk.me
- "Pinwheel Rosettes" Chrome Extension by Cack.me
- "Salad Garden" Chrome Extension by Bawd.me
- "The Scroll Memory" Chrome Extension by musikc85.trade
- "The Text Keeper" Chrome Extension by savetextnotes[.]com
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome Extension & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like 'Star Shaped Pies' Chrome Extension as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.