Search Tab New Description
The Search Tab New browser extension is promoted as a free Chrome companion that can help you customize the appearance and feel of your new tab page in Google Chrome, as well as integrate search engines like Yahoo, Google, Bing and DuckDuck go into one search box. When you install the Search Tab New browser extension it may require the following privileges:
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Change your new tab page settings.
- Change your privacy-related settings.
- Display notifications.
- Read and change your bookmarks.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
The Search Tab New extension behaves and performs the same way as the Search Manager extension. Both apps are not deemed as trusted and lack representation on the Chrome Webstore. Cyber security researchers alert that the Search Tab New may allow you to set a custom wallpaper for your new tab and provide quick links to popular services but it may display marketing materials on the screen at random intervals. You might want to read the terms of service on Get.searchtabnew.com/terms-of-service/ and pay attention to article two. Installing the Search Tab New extension provides its developers with the right to advertise on your screen as often as they like. The ads by Search Tab New may be shown as banners, pop-up windows, video messages, audio ads, hyperlinked text to sponsored content and promotional messages. Additionally, you grant permission to Search Tab New to collect and use information such as software configuration, browser type, a list of third-party extensions, Internet history, downloads log, and input on Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Search Tab New is recognized as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that collects a broad range of data to generate tailor-suited ads and load marketing materials in the browser. Get.searchtabnew.com says that the Search Tab New is free to use and does not mention that it is an ad-supported program. You may want to ask yourself if a simple extension that allows you to change the wallpaper of your new tab page should be allowed to gather so much data and push advertisements to your screen. PC users that are dissatisfied with the Search Tab New extension may want to use a trusted anti-malware scanner and purge tracking cookies and related data downloaded by Search Tab New.
Infected with Search Tab New? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Search Tab New * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Detection Count|
|3||%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\apgajldmchhamgjaloagfafmdpnlfjlc||22|