The Ausubscribe.com pop-ups are a browser-based tactic that attempts to trick users into subscribing to push notifications. The scheme uses those to send unwanted advertisements to a device directly. The messages displayed by the website may seem standard, such as ' Ausubscribe.com wants to Show notifications' and ' Click Allow to confirm that you are not a robot!'
Users are advised against clicking on the 'Allow' button when they see such messages. Doing so may result in seeing pop-ups from Ausubscribe.com on their devices, even when the browser is closed. The notification advertisements are for adult websites, online games, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) and fake software updates.
Disreputable websites may display unsafe advertisements that redirect users to the Ausubscribe.com through pop-up advertisements to generate ad revenue. If the users keep noticing advertisements popping up, which bear the Ausubscribe.com theme, then the device may be infected with a browser hijacker. Typical signs of an adware infection may encompass the following:
- Advertisements keep appearing on websites during browsing sessions.
- The Web browser homepage is suddenly changed to something new without the user's knowledge.
- Web pages are not displaying properly.
- Websites are redirecting to other places on the web.
- Browser pop-ups are recommending Potentially Unwanted Programs or fake updates.