PutLocker Ads Description
Many users search online for websites where they can watch their favorite TV shows or movies for free. However, Web pages that host such media and offer it free of charge are making their money by other, shadier means.
This is the case with the PutLocker streaming service. Just like most dodgy websites, which offer pirated content, the PutLocker page works with a network of dubious advertisers. Such advertisers often push low-quality products or useless services. They also tend to promote other shady websites, which would sometimes be hosting adult entertainment, gambling, fake giveaways, etc. The PutLocker page tends to promote a few types of dodgy offers, which one should keep an eye out for and avoid at all costs:
- Promotion of dubious applications.
- Dodgy gambling platforms.
- Fake technical support services, which use social engineering techniques to trick the user into subscribing for their useless services.
- Bogus prompts that urge the user to download additional software if they want to view the content on the page.
PutLocker appears to be a whole network of dodgy websites that host pirated content. Some of the websites associated with this network are:
It also is important to note that all the media hosted on the PutLocker website is pirated. Users should keep in mind that the possession or viewing of pirated content is illicit and can lead to consequences that one would rather avoid. Furthermore, such shade websites are often used to propagate unwanted software or even malware. Therefore, just to avoid trouble, you should stay away from all pirated content.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with PutLocker Ads & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like PutLocker Ads as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.