LuckyStarting.com is a low-quality website that has been associated with adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). LuckyStarting.com is advertised and promoted by tricking inexperienced computer users into installing low-quality components on their Web browser that may force them to visit LuckyStarting.com repeatedly or change their computer settings to ensure that LuckyStarting.com is often visited, inflating its traffic and Web stats. LuckyStarting.com is associated with a PUP that takes over victim's Web browsers.
Symptoms of the LuckyStarting.com PUP
If the LuckyStarting.com PUP has infected your computer, you may observe numerous symptoms. Some of the malfunctions that may be associated with the LuckyStarting.com PUP are
- The LuckyStarting.com PUP may change the affected Web browser's homepage into LuckyStarting.com.
- The LuckyStarting.com PUP may change the affected Web browser's default search engine to LuckyStarting.com.
- The LuckyStarting.com PUP may modify links and websites viewed on the affected Web browser so that they will lead to LuckyStarting.com instead of to their normal targets.
- The LuckyStarting.com PUP may cause numerous performance issues on the affected Web browsers, including instability and frequent crashing.
- The LuckyStarting.com PUPs and associated Web browsers and components may run in the background, using system resources and affecting other software. Because of this, they may cause other software to run poorly or crash as well.
- LuckyStarting.com PUPs and browser hijackers may insert advertisements and other unwanted content into the websites viewed on the affected Web browser.
- If LuckyStarting.com's PUP has been installed on your computer, another unwanted content also may be installed, causing numerous other issues on an affected PC.
Apart from the LuckyStarting.com PUP, PC security researchers have noted that LuckyStarting.com has been associated with a tactic that involves downloading and installing a modified version of the Google Chrome Web browser on the victim's computer. This modified Web browser, when installed on the affected computer, will have LuckyStarting.com set as its home page automatically and may make changes to the Windows operating system to ensure that it runs in the place of the victim's default Web browser.
Problems Related to LuckyStarting.com and How It's PUP may be Delivered
The LuckyStarting.com PUP is installed in a folder named Fishjane and is often detected by security software as Ghokswa, or as 'Trojan: Win32/Ghoskwa.' The LuckyStarting.com tactic is a typical way of making money off of computer users. Rather than creating websites with quality content, the con artists will use these techniques to inflate their website's revenue by simply forcing computer users to visit them repeatedly.
LuckyStarting.com PUPs are mostly delivered to victims bundled with other software. These programs may be bundled with free software downloaded from the Web, when computer users do not pay attention during the installation process, allowing the LuckyStarting.com PUP or browser hijacker to be installed. Because of this, pay close attention when installing any new software. Whenever possible, choose the 'Advanced' or 'Custom' installation options if available. Since programs like LuckyStarting.com PUPs and browser hijackers are in a gray area where they are not considered unsafe or illicit technically, it is possible that these components will be included in the installation of legitimate software. It is also possible that a third-party can take a popular free program (such as the VLC Media Player) and then tie it with components like LuckyStarting.com to make money. Because of this, caution when installing new software is always the best policy to prevent the unwanted installation of PUPs, browser hijackers, and similar components.
Dealing with LuckyStarting.com
Fortunately, unwanted content associated with LuckyStarting.com can typically be uninstalled using the Windows Control Panel Add and Remove Programs feature. However, PC security researchers strongly recommend the use of a reliable security program that is fully up to date as well. This can prevent other unwanted components from being installed along with LuckyStarting.com.
Infected with Luckystarting.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Luckystarting.com * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.