Iminent.WebBooster is a Web browser toolbar that PC security researchers have classified as a Potentially Unwanted Program. This Web browser toolbar is used to allow computer users to insert fun emoticons and smileys into their Facebook posts or email conversations. However, the main purpose of Iminent.WebBooster is not to provide this service but to generate advertising revenue and provide market research for third parties by tracking your online activities. It is why PC security experts advise computer users to avoid installing Iminent.WebBooster on their Web browser and remove Iminent.WebBooster immediately, if Iminent.WebBooster already is installed, in order to prevent compromising your data or exposing your computer to other PUPs or unwanted components.
Iminent.WebBooster is Advertised as Containing a Useful Feature
Iminent.WebBooster belongs to the category of Web browser add-ons that are installed on affected Web browsers in order to track the computer user's online activities and introduce advertisements into the PC user's Web browser. However, these types of components are not installed automatically. Rather, they are advertised as containing some attractive feature in order to convince computer users to install them themselves. Some of the most common 'services' PUPs like Iminent.WebBooster offers include online deals and coupons for online shopping and allowing you to use fun emoticons or other features for your social media conversations and posts. Web browser add-ons offering these features may be avoided since they may be PUPs mainly utilized to engender revenue at the cost of PC users.
Why You Should Avoid Installing Iminent.WebBooster and Similar PUPs
There are innumerous motives that drive PC security researchers to recommend avoiding Iminent.WebBooster and similar PUPs, including the following:
- Iminent.WebBooster may make changes to your Web browser settings. Iminent.WebBooster may change your Web browser's default search engine and homepage.
- Iminent.WebBooster may cause performance issues on affected Web browsers. Iminent.WebBooster may cause a Web browser to slow down, crash or freeze frequently.
- Iminent.WebBooster allows a third party to track your online activity and browsing habits for marketing purposes.
Infected with Iminent.WebBooster? Scan Your PCDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Iminent.WebBooster * SpyHunter's scanner is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|