Homepage-Web.com is a search engine that may be used to carry out affiliate marketing operations and expose computer users to unwanted advertising. Homepage-Web.com may look like a regular search engine, using a layout similar to Google's while also claiming that Bing powers its search feature. In fact, Homepage-Web.com is not designed to help computer users carry out online searches. Rather, Homepage-Web.com may be associated with browser hijackers and used to force computer users to view advertisements repeatedly as well as forcing their Web browsers to visit Homepage-Web.com and websites associated with this page. If your Web browser's default search engine and homepage are changed to Homepage-Web.com automatically, it is highly likely that a browser hijacker is installed on your computer. Removing the browser hijacker responsible for Homepage-Web.com pop-ups and redirects will stop these symptoms from continuing.
Why Websites Like Homepage-Web.com are Created
Computer users have complained that their Web browser's homepage and default search engine was changed to Homepage-Web.com automatically. Attempts to restore it to its normal setting may be unsuccessful. Browser hijackers associated with Homepage-Web.com may affect most Web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Once the browser hijacker is installed, it may force the affected Web browser to visit Homepage-Web.com repeatedly, as well as change its default pages to Homepage-Web.com automatically. Other issues that may be linked to Homepage-Web.com may include irritating pop-up messages, unwanted advertisements showing up on Web pages viewed on the affected Web browser and the appearance of Homepage-Web.com as the new tab default page. Symptoms related to Homepage-Web.com may indicate the presence of a browser hijacker that should be erased right away with the help of a reliable security program that is fully up-to-date.
Homepage-Web.com and Similar Web Pages may be Used to Profit at Your Expense
The main purpose of browser hijackers is to make money at the expense of affected computer users. The main strategy is to expose computer users to the Homepage-Web.com Web page repeatedly. This inflates this page's traffic numbers as well as increases advertisement impressions and clicks on related content. These types of browser hijackers may make unwanted changes to the affected Web browser's settings that may make it more prone to threats or other low-level threats. Homepage-Web.com is closely related to various tactics that may include fake technical support services, rogue security programs and other known hoaxes.
How Homepage-Web.com may Take over Your Vomputer
Homepage-Web.com may look like a real search engine. However, Homepage-Web.com's supposed search feature is nonexistent, instead returning advertisements and affiliate links rather than legitimate search results associated with the search terms. One additional issue that may be linked to Homepage-Web.com is that this Web page may track the computer users' online searches and activities. Browser hijackers associated with Homepage-Web.com may gather information about your online activity and then send it to a third-party for use in marketing or to deliver targeted advertisements to the affected computer.
Some of the ways that Homepage-Web.com may take over a computer include:
- Browser hijackers associated with Homepage-Web.com may make it very difficult for computer users to use the affected Web browser due to the high volume of pop-up messages and advertisements.
- Homepage-Web.com and its associated components may be linked to severe performance issues, which may include crashing and slowing down drastically. They also may interfere with your security software, making it very difficult to remove these unwanted components.
- Browser hijackers associated with Homepage-Web.com may replace your default search engine and homepage with Homepage-Web.com. This website also may appear whenever you try to connect to other websites or when you open a new tab on the affected Web browser.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Homepage-web.com & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Homepage-web.com as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.