'Helpme.net' Technical Support Scam Description
The 'Helpme.net' website is meant to appear as a legitimate Web page that would offer you solutions to various technical problems you may have on your PC. However, the 'Helpme.net' site is not in the business of cybersecurity, quite the opposite.
The 'Helpme.net' website is likely to be promoted with constant pop-up advertisements. These advertisements would attempt to trick the users into believing that their PCs are in urgent need of maintenance. This is attained by presenting the user with fake and severely overexaggerated reports about serious technical issues present on their systems. They also would time-pressure the person by stating that the issues in question need to be resolved as soon as possible. The supposed issues that the 'Helpme.net' site reports to the user vary from infection with malware to hacking attempts. The advertisement would contain a link to the 'Helpme.net' page where the users will be redirected if they click on the pop-up. The message also might suggest that the user calls a certain phone number where they are meant to receive technical support.
The shady individuals behind the 'Helpme.net' website may attempt to convince you to:
- Pay for their dodgy software solution, which is meant to resolve your technical issues.
- Give them remote access to your system.
- Pay for services, which will not be provided to you.
You should be very wary of websites that use such aggressive marketing as they are shady, to say the least. Do not pay for services or software, which you have not first researched. A quick search will show you that there are numerous complaints on the Microsoft Community boards, as well as on Reddit where people who have already been tricked warn others against trusting the 'Helpme.net' website. Furthermore, you should avoid browsing websites with dubious content, which is where tactics like the 'Helpme.net' Tech Support scam are being advertised.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with 'Helpme.net' Technical Support Scam & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like 'Helpme.net' Technical Support Scam as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.