The Grooviemovie.info domain is associated with the GroovieMovie browser extension by Imali Media Ltd. The GroovieMovie software by Imali Media Ltd. may be promoted to users as a media center solution for browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. The GroovieMovie extension advertised on Grooviemovie.info may enter computers with free software bundles, and you may notice the app on the Chrome Web Store and the Mozilla Add-ons platform. The GroovieMovie browser extension may make several modifications to the browser including changing the new tab page and default search provider. The GroovieMovie browser extension may offer access to services at Search.grooviemovie.info and make it the default new tab and search aggregator. PC users that install the GroovieMovie extension with a freeware installer by choosing the 'Express' and 'Standard' option may perceive GroovieMovie as a browser hijacker. However, GroovieMovie by Imali Media Ltd. is deemed as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that requires the following access rights:
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read your browsing history.
- Read and change your bookmarks.
The GroovieMovie behaves as the FunMediaTab extension by Imali Media Ltd. and analysis showed that both apps differ in name and site association only. Both programs may be used to promote riskware like WiseEnhance and WinRepair Pro via pop-up windows and banners. The new tab powered by Search.grooviemovie.info might include targeted advertisements based on your recent activity online, which might be shared with third parties by Imali Media Ltd. for market development purposes. The GroovieMovie browser extension may download files like 'OfferInstaller_dotnet2.exe' and 'setup.exe' on your disk automatically. The packages mentioned before may include fake system optimizers and toolbars you do not require. The GroovieMovie browser extension is reported to have more than a dozen clones registered to the 126.96.36.199 IP address, which includes:
PC users that are not comfortable with the software from Grooviemovie.info and the products by Imali Media Ltd. may like to run a complete system scan with a trusted anti-spyware scanner and have their PCs cleaned. Browser extensions, riskware and browser hijackers that are associated with the 188.8.131.52 IP address, may trigger security alerts by AV engines that include the following detection names:
- Riskware ( 0040eff71 )
- Trojan.GenericKD.2191985 (B)
Infected with Grooviemovie.info? Scan Your PCDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Grooviemovie.info * SpyHunter's scanner is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.