Blackremote RAT Description
Cybercriminals do not always end up using the malware, which they build. Often, instead of employing their hacking tools in campaigns, they would sell them or rent them to other shady individuals online. This is the case with the Blackremote RAT (Remote Access Trojan). The creators of this Trojan had posted an advertisement online, which got on the radar of malware researchers immediately. The advertisement was posted by a user with the name ‘Speccy’ or ‘Rafiki.’ The creators of the Blackremote RAT claim that their threat is ‘undetectable’ and has a long list of capabilities.
Masks as a Legitimate Tool
A common tactic when renting out or selling hacking tools is to try and pass it off as a legitimate application with no unsafe potential. However, the people who sell it and the people who buy it are well aware of what the real deal is. In the advertisement, the creators of the Blackremote RAT have stated that when the tool pairs with a system, it will not display any notification on the host. This makes it very clear that the Blackremote RAT is certainly a tool meant to be used with harmful intent.
The authors of the Blackremote RAT state that their creation can:
- Collect clipboard information.
- Manage clipboard information.
- Collect keystrokes.
- Browse the victim’s files.
- Manage the victim’s files.
- Gain access to the Web camera on the system.
- Gain access to the microphone on the system.
- Manage the running services and processes.
- Initiate a remote desktop connection.
- Monitor and manage network connections.
- Collect login credentials saved in email applications, FTP clients and Web browsers.
- Upload files to the host.
- Download files from a URL.
- Execute commands and scripts remotely.
The authors of this Trojan claim that this is not all that the Blackremote RAT has to offer and that users will get more extras when they become their clients. One can rent the Blackremote RAT for one month for $49. The price for 93 days is $117, and a yearly subscription costs $438. These prices are considered to be rather high for a threat of this type. Despite this, many individuals with questionable morals have opted to take advantage of this offer as malware researchers have detected over 2,200 campaigns that involved the Blackremote RAT.
Selling or renting malware as a service is not at all uncommon, and many criminals who do not have the capabilities to build their own threats opt to take advantage of ads like the one promoting the Blackremote RAT. You should download and install a legitimate anti-malware application that will keep your system safe from threats like the Blackremote RAT.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Blackremote RAT & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Blackremote RAT as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.