Ad.xtendmedia.com is an integral part of an irritating adware campaign that is known for displaying numerous irritating pop-up advertisements. Ad.xtendmedia.com has been associated with browser redirects and several other symptoms indicative of a threat. Since Ad.xtendmedia.com will typically be installed on a computer without the computer user's knowledge, it leads browser plug-ins and applications associated with Ad.xtendmedia.com to be considered by PC users as PUPs or potentially unwanted programs. If you are experiencing symptoms associated with an adware infection, it is necessary to use a reliable anti-malware program to scan your computer and remove any traces of this unwanted software.
The most common source for an adware infection associated with Ad.xtendmedia.com is a software download from an unsafe source. Typically, Ad.xtendmedia.com adware will be included in the installation of another program. Some examples of applications that are bundled with Ad.xtendmedia.com adware include multimedia players and free PC games. It is crucial not to forget that even genuine trustworthy freeware applications can be bundled with potentially unwanted programs. To avoid this, PC security researchers advise computer users to only download software from reputable sources or preferably directly from the freeware developers.
There are several symptoms of an Ad.xtendmedia.com adware infection. Below, ESG security researchers have listed the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections:
- Ad.xtendmedia.com adware will change the affected computer's homepage to Ad.xtendmedia.com.
- The affected computer's default search engine, most used websites and several default web pages may also be modified to Ad.xtendmedia.com.
- Another common symptom of this adware infection is the presence of irritating pop-up windows containing the Ad.xtendmedia.com website.
- Like many other browser hijackers, one of the most characteristic symptoms of this kind of adware attacks is the presence of browser redirects, leading the computer user to websites designed specifically to serve advertisements and display sponsored search results whenever a computer user carries out an online search.
Infected with Ad.xtendmedia.com? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner
to Detect Ad.xtendmedia.com * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.