Internet Security DescriptionThose interested in PC security will find Internet Security familiar, since Internet Security is a variant of a very common rogue anti-virus program. Other versions of Internet Security include Internet Security 2010, Internet Security 2011, and Internet Security 2012, as well as rogue anti-virus programs like Total Security 2009. Internet Security is one of the many fake anti-virus tools that are installed as a consequence of a Braviax Trojan infection. This dangerous malware infection is designed to enter a computer system without alerting the computer user and then installing fake security programs in order to allow criminals to take advantage of gullible computer users. Basically, the Internet Security scam consists in selling useless fake security programs to inexperienced computer users that may not to know any better. ESG security researchers strongly recommend ignoring any alerts and messages that Internet Security displays and instead remove this fake anti-virus with a legitimate security program. If you made the mistake of purchasing a useless registration code for Internet Security, steps should also be taken to contact your credit card provider to explain the situation. Failure to remove Internet Security immediately will almost certainly result in other malware threats making their way onto your hard drive, as well as making you strongly eligible for identity theft or other kinds of banking fraud.
Preventing an Internet Security Infection
An Internet Security can be quite convincing. This rogue anti-virus program's interface imitates the interface of Windows Security Center very closely. Internet Security uses the same layout, color scheme and design, as well as trademarked logos from Microsoft and Windows in order to lend an appearance of legitimacy to this fake security program's scam. Do not fall for the scam, this application has no way to remove or detect viruses; it was designed simply to display constant error messages in order to alarm the user. Two things can ensure that you never have to deal with an Internet Security infection:
- Install reliable security software on your computer system, especially a real-time malware scanner that can intercept the Trojans that install Internet Security before they manage to carry out their nefarious deed.
- Be extremely careful with what you download and install on your computer system. While many malware infections can attack your computer system through brute force and take advantage of security vulnerabilities, the vast majority of malware infections are actually downloaded and installed by the users themselves.
Infected with Internet Security? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Internet Security
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
'How Internet Security Infects Your Computer' Video
Tip: Turn your sound ON and watch the video in Full Screen mode to fully experience how Internet Security infects a computer. The video contains clickable buttons.
Our MalwareTracker shows malware activity across the world. Explore real-time data of Internet Security outbreaks and other threats from global to local level.
File System Details
Internet Security creates the following file(s):
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
Internet Security creates the following registry entry or registry entries: