Aartemis.com is a suspicious website linked to possibly unsafe online content. Aartemis.com is associated with PUPs and other types of suspicious content. Computer users have reported that affected PCs present redirects to the Aartemis.com website. Other problems that have been linked to Aartemis.com include unauthorized alterations to the user's Web browser settings and multiple system performance issues. If your PC is presenting problems related to Aartemis.com, malware researchers strongly advise using an anti-malware tool that is always kept up to date in order to be able to protect your PC from Aartemis.com and other threats like Aartemis.com.
How the Several Issues Linked to Aartemis.com May Affect Your Computer
In the following list, malware researchers have enumerated many of the issues and other problems that victims have reported in association with Aartemis.com. If you are encountering any of the issues in the list below, this probably means that a Potentially Unwanted Program (usually abbreviated with the letters PUP) linked to Aartemis.com is present on your PC. These types of PUPs should be removed at once and then a reliable anti-malware program should be used to scan the affected PC to ensure that no potentially unsafe content or threat has entered it as a consequence of Aartemis.com pop-ups and redirects.
- Aartemis.com may be set as the victim's homepage.
- Aartemis.com may be set as the victim's default search engine. The affected browser's settings are changed without alerting the victim.
- Redirects to the Aartemis.com website and to similar content may appear when the victim tries to access unrelated online content.
- Various types of advertisements and marketing material associated with Aartemis.com may show up on the victim's browser. These may appear even on Web pages that are completely unrelated to Aartemis.com.
- Aartemis.com redirects and other issues may usually be accompanied with the unauthorized installation of a PUP, usually taking the form of a Web browser toolbar or extension.
- Web browsers affected by content related to Aartemis.com may often crash, freeze or slow down noticeably. These performance issues may be present on the entire PC, not limited only to the affected Web browser.
- Aartemis.com redirects may cause your Internet connectivity to slow down significantly. Aartemis.com redirects may cause websites to take a much longer time to load than normal, and in many cases they won't even load at all.
More Details on Aartemis.com
- aartemis.com/?type=sc&ts=[TIMESTAMP]&from=tugs&uid=[HARDWARE ID]
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your computer. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.