Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 DescriptionWin 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 is part of the notorious family named FakeRean which is also referred to as Braviax. Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 and its clones target inexperienced computer users in order to make them victims of a well known online strategy. This strategy consists in convincing the victim to purchase expensive upgrades for a fake security program. To do this, Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 spams the victim with constant error messages and alarming, fake system scans indicating that the infected computer is severely infected. Since Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 is actually part of a threat attack itself, PC security researchers strongly advise computer users to ignore all instructions from Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013. Instead, a real anti-malware tool should be used to remove the Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 infection from the infected computer.
Why Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 Intrudes into Your Computer
Security researchers have uncovered dozens of clones of Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013. It is not difficult to recognize these fake security programs because they use similar patterns for their attack. In fact, since their names are very likely generated automatically, it is possible to recognize Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 and its clones from their name alone. These fake security programs' names may have three parts:
- Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013's name begins with a term that corresponds to the victim's operating system. While in this case, the term is 'Win 7', indicates that Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 is installed on computers running Windows 7, it may also be 'XP', 'Vista' or Win 8, corresponding to Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 8. When Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 is being installed, the Trojan responsible for installing this fake security program detects the victim's operating system and ensures that the variant of this fake security program corresponds to the targeted computer's operating system.
- The operating system variant is followed with a generic term that disguises these fake security programs as security applications. There are dozens of variants with broad terms such as 'security', 'total security', 'anti-spyware', or 'antivirus plus' in this case.
- Finally, the year of release is added to the end of each program's name. Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 is part of a large batch of threats that pretend to be the '2013' version of established anti-virus families.
Some examples of the various names that Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 clones may have are ThinkPoint, XP Security 2013, XP Internet Security 2013, XP Security Plus 2013, Win 7 Security 2012, Antivirus Pro 2009, Windows Vista Antivirus 2012, XP Security 2012, Win 7 Internet Security 2012, Internet Security Plus, Win 7 Security 2013, Windows Antivirus 2008, MySafePC 2014 , Internet Security Pro, Win 7 AntiVirus 2012, Internet Security Pro 2013, PCclean Pro, Privacy Protection, XP Security Cleaner Pro, Vista Security 2012, CleanThis, Win 7 Security, Vista Antispyware 2013, Win 7 Security Cleaner Pro, Palladium Pro, Win 7 Defender Plus 2013, XP Defender 2013, Win 7 Internet Security 2013, Vista Internet Security 2012, Win 7 Total Security 2013, Win 7 Antispyware 2013, Vista Antivirus Plus 2013, XP Anti-Virus 2011, Win 7 Internet Security 2011, Win 7 Home Security Pro 2013, Internet Security, Windows Vista Internet Security 2012, Win 8 Defender 2013, Windows 7 Internet Security 2012, Win 8 Security System, Vista Smart Defender Pro, Internet Security Protection, Vista Defender, XP Antivirus 2013, Windows Essentials Pro 2013, Win 7 Internet Security Pro 2013, Spyware Protection 2010, Vista Security Cleaner Pro, Windows 7 Antispyware 2012, Internet Protector, Internet Security 2014, Win 8 Protection 2013, Vista Security Plus 2013, XP Defender Plus 2013, Internet Security 2012, Vista Total Security 2013, Win 8 Antivirus 2013, Internet Security Premium, AntiSpy Safeguard, Windows Vista Security 2012, Win 8 Home Security 2013, Win 7 Antivirus 2013, Windows XP Internet Security 2012, XP Antivirus Plus 2013, Vista Antivirus 2012, Win 8 Security Suite 2013, Security Cleaner Pro, Vista Internet Security 2013, Internet Security 2013, Vista Defender Plus 2013, Vista Antivirus 2008, Win 7 Home Security 2013, XP Home Security 2013, XP Internet Security 2012, Antispyware Pro 2012, XP Total Security 2013, Win 8 Antispyware 2013, Vista Antivirus 2013, XP Internet Security Pro 2013, Antivirus2008, XP Antispyware 2013, PC Defender Plus, Win 7 Defender, Windows 7 Defender 2013, Vista Home Security 2013, Win 7/Win 8/XP Defender 2013, TitanAntivirus2013/PCDefender360, Vista Internet Security Pro 2013, Win 7 Security Plus 2013, Antivirus Plus 2014, XP Home Security 2012 and Vista Security 2013.
Infected with Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
File System Details
Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 creates the following file(s):
|1||%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013\Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013.lnk|
|2||%UserProfile%\Desktop\Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013.lnk|
Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 creates the following registry entry or registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013"
More Details on Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013
The following messages associated with Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 were found:
Rogue malware detected in your system. Data leaks and system damage are possible. Click here for a free security scan and spyware deletion.
Infection detected in the background. Your computer is now attacked by spyware and rogue software. Eliminate the infection safely, perform a
security scan and deletion now.
Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected!
Attack from 18.104.22.168 port 2336
Attacked port: 45182
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
|Threat Info: Trojan-Downloader.BAT.Ftp.ab|
Description: This script for a Windows FTO client can download other executable files without the knowledge or consent of the user. It may be used to download Trojan programs to the victim machine.
|Tracking software found!|
Your PC activity is being monitored. Possible spyware infection. Your data security may be compromised. Sensitive data can be stolen. Prevent damage now by completing a security scan.
|Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 Alert|
Internet Connection alert!
Suspicious network activity detected!
Malware infection is possible!
|Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013 Alert|
Unknown programs is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected!