Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 Description
Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 is another one among numerous rogue security applications that belong to the FakeRean or Braviax family of rogue security applications. This notorious family carries out a misleading tactic that criminals use to take advantage of inexperienced computer users. Basically, Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 and its clones pretend to be real security programs in order to prove to PC users that the purchase of an expensive, fake upgrade in order to keep their computers safe from threats. To do this, Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 displays numerous alarming error messages and deliberately causes performance problems on the infected computer. However, since Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 and its clones are actually threats themselves, PC security researchers strongly advise disregarding all messages displayed by these fake security programs and then using a real anti-malware tool to protect your computer.
Identifying Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 and Its Clones
There are dozens of clones of Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 that use similar names or even different names such as Vista Security Cleaner Pro, Windows Antivirus 2008, Win 7 AntiVirus 2012, Vista Total Security 2013, Vista Antivirus 2013, Vista Antispyware 2013, Rogue Rango XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 Antivirus, Antivirus Plus 2014, Vista Internet Security Pro 2013, Palladium Pro, Win 7 Security 2012, Spyware Protection 2010, Vista Security 2012, Internet Security 2012, Great Antispy 2012, GuardBytes Plus, Vista Internet Security 2012, Internet Security Premium, XP Internet Security Pro 2013, Vista Security Plus 2013, XP Home Security 2013, Windows Vista Antivirus 2012, A-Secure 2015, Internet Antivirus 2011, Win 7 Antispyware 2013, Windows XP Internet Security 2012, Win 7 Internet Security 2011, Vista Antivirus 2012, Win 7 Protection 2014, Win 7 Antivirus Plus 2013, Win 7 Home Security Pro 2013, Antispyware Pro 2012, Win 8 Security Suite 2013, XP Internet Security 2012, PCclean Pro, Windows 7 Internet Security 2012, Windows Essentials Pro 2013, Internet Security 2013, XP Security 2013, Win 7 Home Security 2013, Antivirus Pro 2009, Internet Security Pro, Win 7/Win 8/XP/Vista Antivirus Pro 2013, Internet Security 2014, Vista Home Security 2013, AVC Plus, XP Anti-Virus 2011, Win 7 Security Cleaner Pro, XP Security 2012, Internet Security Protection, Win 7 Internet Security 2012, Windows Vista Security 2012, Win 7 Security 2013, XP Antivirus Plus 2013, Win 7 Security, XP Internet Security 2013, Win 8 Home Security 2013, Internet Security Pro 2013, Win 7 Total Security 2013, Internet Security, Win 7 Antivirus 2013, Security Cleaner Pro, Windows Clear Problems, Win 8 Antivirus 2013, Windows Vista Internet Security 2012, Win 7 Internet Security 2013, Internet Protector, Privacy Protection, Win 8 Antispyware 2013, Win 7 Security Plus 2013, Windows 7 Antispyware 2012, ThinkPoint, Win 8 Protection 2013, Vista Security 2013, Internet Security Plus, MySafePC 2014 , Antivirus2008, XP Home Security 2012, Win 8 Security System, Galileo System Cleaner, AVbytes XP/Vista/Win 7/Win 8 Antivirus 2015, AVLab Internet Security 2015, AntiSpy Safeguard, CleanThis, XP Antispyware 2013, Vista Internet Security 2013, Win 7 Internet Security Pro 2013, TitanAntivirus2013/PCDefender360.
Because of these characteristic naming patterns, which are probably generated automatically, these fake security programs are usually not difficult to recognize. Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 and its clones have names made up of three distinct part:
- The first part of the name will indicate the targeted computer's operating system. This first part can be either 'Vista', 'XP', 'Win 7' or 'Win 8', depending on the infected computer. Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 infects computers with the Windows Vista operating system. During installation, a variant corresponding to the infected computer's operating system is installed.
- This is usually followed by a term designed to convince the victim that Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 is, in fact, a real security program. These are usually broad, generic terms such as 'security', 'anti-malware', 'Internet protection', or – in this case - 'Antivirus Plus'.
- Finally, criminals add the current year to the end of these fake security programs' names. This is done to attempt to convince computer users that these are the latest in an established line of security software. Variants have been released since 2009 and, previously, PC security researchers have encountered Vista Antivirus Plus 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 was released in October of 2012 and is part of a large batch of rogue security software claiming to be an update for the coming new year.
Infected with Vista Antivirus Plus 2013? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Vista Antivirus Plus 2013
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
File System Details
More Details on Vista Antivirus Plus 2013
Infection detected in the background. Your computer is now attacked by spyware and rogue software. Eliminate the infection safely, perform a security scan and deletion now.
|Tracking software found!|
Your PC activity is being monitored. Possible spyware infection. Your data security may be compromised. Sensitive data can be stolen. Prevent damage now by completing a security scan.
System security was found to be compromised. Your computer is now infected. Attention, irreversible system changes may occur. Private data may get stolen. Click here now for an instant anti-virus scan.
|Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 Alert|
Internet Connection alert!
Suspicious network activity detected!
Malware infection is possible!
|Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 Alert|
Unknown programs is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected!
|Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 Firewall Alert|
Vista Antivirus Plus 2013 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
Internet Explorer is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.