The first and most important step to configure SpyHunter is to select your settings on the "Options" panel of the program. In the Options panel, you can configure your account information, activate SpyHunter and set up options to fit your needs. The following settings can be modified through the "Options" panel:
"User Details" Section
Note: If you fill out the fields in the "User Details" section and press the "Activate Now" button, you will activate your SpyHunter account.
- Email - If you are a registered user or a trial user, enter the email address that you used to register SpyHunter. This address can be found in your "Online Order" confirmation email.
- Password - Enter the password that you entered when you registered SpyHunter. Your password can be found in your "Online Order" confirmation email.
- "Activate Now" Button - In order to activate the full version (or trial version) of SpyHunter, you will need to enter the email and password you registered SpyHunter with, and then click the "Activate Now" button to activate your SpyHunter account. If your login information is ever changed, you will need to repeat the activation process.
"General Options" Section
- Automatically check for updates- When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter will automatically contact our servers to check for the availability of new program and definitions updates each time it starts. If there are new updates available, you will always be prompted before installation.
- Automatically download and install definition updates - When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter will automatically download and install any available definition file updates. This box will be disabled if the "Automatically check for updates" box is not checked. We recommend that you check this box to ensure that SpyHunter is seamlessly updated to protect you against the latest threats.
- Start SpyHunter Security Suite on Boot - When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter will be configured to automatically load each time you boot your computer.
- Start SpyHunter Scan on Boot - When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter will automatically start and begin scanning your machine each time you boot your computer.
- Minimize Security Suite on startup - When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter will start minimized, visible only as a taskbar icon. SpyHunter's real-time protection features will still operate at full capacity.
- Prompt if any important windows components are disabled - Certain strains of malware are known to disable Windows system components, such as the Task Manager, in an attempt to prevent detection and removal. When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter will monitor your Windows settings and prompt you if a process attempts to disable the Task Manager or other important Windows components.
- Prompt if web content is used on desktop - It is common for malware to modify Windows settings to incorporate web content into your Windows Desktop. This functionality can be used to display fake error messages, warnings, advertisements, and other deceptions. When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter will monitor these settings and prompt you if active web content is being used on your Desktop.
SpyHunter also offers a variety of other configuration options from Scheduled Scans to Guards designed to protect your system. For further configuration instructions, please click on the links below:
- Process Guard
- Registry Guard
- Active X Guard
- Network Sentry
- Scan Scheduler