The Snap.do website is associated with the Smartbar toolbar for your web browser. This toolbar is actually an adware component. Even though Snap.do claims that Snap.do can simplify the way you access your favorite websites, this website and its associated toolbar have several unwanted behaviors that are more closely associated with known malware infections than with legitimate applications. Most of the time, the Snap.do toolbar will be bundled along with freeware programs, included in the installation process.
Reading the 'official' description of Snap.do, it would be hard to guess that this website is linked to malware. The people behind Snap.do claim that this website's vision is to become an industry leader in providing simple, smart web solutions to their clients as well as complementary programs that improve browser efficiency and make browsing simply with interfaces and technologies that computer users are already used to utilize. However, this vision does not match up well to reality, since products associated with Snap.do have various components that are more commonly associated with adware. There are three reasons why products associated with Snap.do are considered unsafe for your computer:
- Products associated with Snap.do may have spyware capabilities. That is, this website and software associated with Snap.do will collect your personal data and then distribute it to a third party without your authorization.
- The Snap.do website and software associated with Snap.do may also be considered adware. This is because Snap.do is designed to deliver intrusive advertisements based on private data collected about your browsing behaviors. These advertisements may appear as pop-up windows or embedded in web pages.
- Snap.do is also linked to browser hijackers. These kinds of components are designed to change your web browser's settings, affecting which websites you are able to visit and alters the way you browse the Internet.
While many websites associated with browser hijackers may, in themselves, be perfectly safe, this is not the case with Snap.do and software associated with this website. Due to their adware and browser hijacker components, any contact with the Snap.do website or with software associated with Snap.do should be followed with a thorough scan of your machine with a capable anti-malware application.
Do You Suspect Your PC May Be Infected with Snap.do & Other Threats? Scan Your PC with SpyHunterSpyHunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide PC users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Snap.do as well as a one-on-one tech support service. Download SpyHunter's FREE Malware Remover
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
More Details on Snap.do
This article is provided "as is" and to be used for educational information purposes only. By following any instructions on this article, you agree to be bound by the disclaimer. We make no guarantees that this article will help you completely remove the malware threats on your PC. Spyware changes regularly; therefore, it is difficult to fully clean an infected machine through manual means.