Vista Security Cleaner Pro Description
Vista Security Cleaner Pro is part of a family of bogus anti-virus programs that typically attack a particular operating system. Vista Security Cleaner Pro is the variant in this family that targets computers with Windows Vista. There are variants corresponding to other Windows versions (for example, a computer running Windows 7 will be infected by Win 7 Security Cleaner Pro instead). It is evident that these are all essentially the same rogue security application with minor cosmetic changes. Vista Security Cleaner Pro is typically distributed using malicious email messages containing disguised file attachments that actually install a backdoor on the victim's computer. Using this backdoor, criminals can then install Vista Security Cleaner Pro or a variety of other malware used to monetize these kinds of malware attacks. Other common ways of distributing Vista Security Cleaner Pro and its variants include:
- Instant message spam links.
- Attack websites containing exploit kits.
- Malicious advertisements for fake security software and scans.
How Vista Security Cleaner Pro is Used to Steal Your Money
Vista Security Cleaner Pro is designed to lure computer users making them believe that their machine is infested with viruses and Trojans. Vista Security Cleaner Pro is disguised as a legitimate security program, but Vista Security Cleaner Pro has no way of removing or detecting viruses and Trojans. Instead, Vista Security Cleaner Pro will merely display error messages and fake security scans designed to alarm inexperienced computer users. Trying to use Vista Security Cleaner Pro to fix these supposed problems will never work. Vista Security Cleaner Pro will claim to fix part of the problem but will always indicate that it is impossible to remove this supposed infection unless the computer user 'upgrades' Vista Security Cleaner Pro to an expensive 'full version.' Since Vista Security Cleaner Pro is actually part of a malware attack, ESG security researchers strongly advise against paying for its 'full version.' Instead, Vista Security Cleaner Pro should be removed immediately with a real anti-virus program.
Preventing a Vista Security Cleaner Pro Infection
To prevent a Vista Security Cleaner Pro infection, ESG security researchers strongly advise computer users to follow online safety guidelines. Never download unknown files or click on unknown links. As you can see, it is a safety measure to avoid malicious online content (for example torrent networks) and use a reliable, fully updated anti-malware program to protect your computer.
Type: Rogue AntiSpyware Programs
Infected with Vista Security Cleaner Pro? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Vista Security Cleaner Pro
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.