Live Security Platinum Description
Live Security Platinum is one of the many fake security programs in the WinWebSec family of malware. Although ESG security researchers have been following the WinWebSec family of malware for several years, Live Security Platinum is a relatively new variant first detected in 2012. Because of this, it is pivotal to ensure that your security software is fully updated. Like most fake security programs, Live Security Platinum is designed to induce PC users to purchase a worthless ‘full version’ of Live Security Platinum. To do this, Live Security Platinum will try to scare the computer user with a variety of fake error messages, pop-up alerts from the Taskbar and a convincing fake scan of the victim’s hard drives. While Live Security Platinum itself is not as dangerous as many virus, rootkit and Trojan infections known today, its presence on your computer system can severely impede your activities due to the way Live Security Platinum blocks access to your files, causes browser redirects, and turns your computer system unstable and slow.
Identifying Live Security Platinum and Its Clones
Live Security Platinum and its clones all use an unusual color scheme, combining an ugly light pink with shades of orange. Examples of this can also be observed in other clones of Live Security Platinum, such as Essential Cleaner, System Tool and Security Sphere 2012. While this is only one of the templates that malware in the WinWebSec family use, these fake security program’s interfaces are all very similar and their file names and directory tree all use similar naming patterns. ESG security analysts warn that Live Security Platinum and its clones have no actual anti-malware capabilities and have no way of protecting your computer system from intruders. The main goal of Live Security Platinum and its clones is to obtain your credit card information and to use this information for criminal goals.
Problems Associated With Live Security Platinum
Apart from an endless stream of fake error messages, ESG malware analysts have observed numerous problems associated with Live Security Platinum. These can turn your computer system unusable due to their intrusive nature. Live Security Platinum has the ability to monitor the file processes running on your computer and to disable those corresponding to a list of legitimate security programs. Live Security Platinum can also affect your web browser, causing browser redirects to websites associated with Live Security Platinum or displaying error messages whenever you try to access websites that may help you to remove Live Security Platinum.
Type: Rogue AntiSpyware Programs
How Can You Detect Live Security Platinum?
Download SpyHunter’s Detection Scanner
to Detect Live Security Platinum.
‘How Live Security Platinum Infects Your Computer’ Video
Live Security Platinum Removal Details
Live Security Platinum has typically the following processes in memory:
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Live Security Platinum creates the following files in the system:
- %Programs%\Live Security Platinum\Live Security Platinum.lnk
- %Desktopdir%\Live Security Platinum.lnk
Live Security Platinum creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\DisplayIcon “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe”,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\UninstallString “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Live Security Platinum\DisplayName “Live Security Platinum”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe”