Security Shield DescriptionSecurity Shield is a rogue security application with several clones (for example, Security Tool). Computers infected with the fake anti-virus program Security Shield become riddled with a host of problems that can turn them practically impossible to use. Security Shield is often associated with other malware infections, and the presence of Security Shield on a computer is, practically, a guarantee that the computer is infected with one of a variety of Trojans. This is due to the fact that rogue security programs like Security Shield are often installed by Trojans or are simply Trojans themselves. ESG malware analysts recommend removing a Security Shield infection from your computer system as soon as possible. Despite its claims and likeness to real security programs, Security Shield is nothing but a scam designed to steal your money.
Security Shield: One More Version of the Rogue Security Program Scam
Security Shield is one of many variants of rogue security programs, a con that has become especially prevalent since the middle of the 2000s decade. Most variants of this common scam work in the same way and Security Shield is one classic example of how a typical rogue anti-spyware program works. Usually, the rogue security program scam has the same steps:
- The Trojan will display a message claiming that the computer system is infected with a variety of worms, viruses or other malware problems. Then, it will offer the computer user the option to download a free anti-virus program to remove these problems. Some Trojans, like the Fake Microsoft Security Essentials Alert Trojan, actually mimic legitimate security alerts or error messages that a computer system would normally display. If the victim accepts, the rogue anti-virus program (Security Shield in this case) will be downloaded and installed. As part of its installation process, Security Shield makes harmful changes to the computer's settings and alters the Windows Registry to ensure that Security Shield can run in the background and launch automatically when Windows is started up.
- Security Shield, or the particular rogue anti-spyware program, will continue to claim that the computer is infected, but will demand that the user pay for a "full version", in order to fix these non-existent problems.
Infected with Security Shield? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Security Shield
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
Screenshots & Other Imagery
Tip: Turn your sound ON and watch the video in Full Screen mode to fully experience how Security Shield infects a computer.
How to Detect and Remove Security Shield
File System Details
Security Shield creates the following file(s):
|#||File Name||Size||MD5||Detection Count|
|8||%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\487839044.exe||391,168||b5faeb27a51c90d8e28da3cb3c7189ab||24|
More Details on Security Shield
The following messages associated with Security Shield were found:
"cmd.exe" is infected with "Worm.Win32.Autorun.bnb". Do you want to register your copy and remove all threats now?
Security Shield Firewall Alert
Security Shield has prevented a program from accessing the internet.
"iexplore.exe" is infected "Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent". This worm has to tried to use "iexplore.exe" to connect to remove host and send your credit card information
|Security Shield Warning|
Intercepting malicious software that may violate your privacy and harm your computer has been detected. Click here to remove now with Security Shield.
|Security Shield Warning|
Some of the important system files on your PC were modified by malicious software. It may cause system crashes and data losses.
Click here to prevent non-authorized changes and remove threats (Recommended)
|Security Shield Warning|
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This form of spyware attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other commonly used programs. Click here to immediately remove it with Security Shield.