You can configure many SpyHunter 5 settings through the "Settings" section of the program. The "Account Settings" section is where you can enter your account information to activate SpyHunter 5. The following settings can be modified through the "Settings" section:
- Email - If you are a registered user or a trial user, enter the email address that you used to register SpyHunter 5. This address can be found in your account information email.
- Password - Enter your SpyHunter 5 account password. Your password can be found in your account information email.
- "Activate User" button - In order to activate the full version (or trial version) of SpyHunter 5, you will need to enter the email and password you registered SpyHunter 5 with, and then click the "Activate User" button to activate your SpyHunter 5 account. If your login information is ever changed, you will need to repeat the activation process.
- Automatically check for updates - When this checkbox is selected, SpyHunter 5 will automatically contact its servers periodically to check for the availability of new program and definitions updates. If a new program update is available, you will be prompted before its installation.
- Start Scan on SpyHunter launch - When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter 5 will start a scan each time that the program is launched.
- Minimize SpyHunter at Windows startup - When this checkbox is checked, SpyHunter 5 will start minimized, visible only as a taskbar icon. SpyHunter 5's real-time protection features will still operate in the background.
- Language - Click on the drop-down menu to choose your language preference.
You can also set up scheduled scans to automatically run at specific times.
Please visit the Help File to learn more about the other SpyHunter 5 settings.