The Settings panel offers several ways to customize the operation of RegHunter.
- Email (3) - If you are a registered user or a trial user, enter the email address that you used to register RegHunter. This address can be found in your confirmation email.
- Password (4) - Enter the password that you were given when you registered RegHunter. Your password can be found in your confirmation email.
- Activate Now (5) - In order to activate the full version (or trial version) of RegHunter, you will need to enter your registered email and password, and then click the "Activate Now" button to activate your account. If your RegHunter login information is ever changed, you will need to repeat the activation process.
- Language (7) - Click on the drop-down arrow to choose your language preference.
- Hide splash screen (8) - When this checkbox is checked, RegHunter will not display a startup splash screen when opened.
- Automatically check for updates (9) - When this checkbox is checked, RegHunter will automatically contact the Enigma Software Group servers to check for the availability of new program and definitions updates each time it starts.
- Start RegHunter on startup (10) - When this checkbox is checked, RegHunter will be configured to automatically load each time you boot your computer.
- Start RegHunter Scan on startup (11) - When this checkbox is checked, RegHunter will automatically start and begin scanning your machine each time you boot your computer.
- Minimize RegHunter on startup (7) - When this checkbox is checked, RegHunter will start minimized, visible only as a taskbar icon. RegHunter's real-time protection features will still operate at full capacity.
- [Show Drivers tab in Startup section (advanced users only)] (13) - Selecting this checkbox will display a "Drivers" Tab in the Startup panel's Autostart Apps section. The Drivers tab will allow access to disable, enable or remove system drivers, which could adversely affect basic operations of the computer. It is recommended that only advanced users utilize this function.
- [Automatically (do not prompt) transmit diagnostic information] (14) - By selecting to "Automatically (do not prompt) transmit diagnostic information" you will allow RegHunter to send diagnostic information to our technical support team. This information will allow the support staff to evaluate any issues that may occur from the operation of RegHunter and in return provide a solution to the issue. By selecting to "Ask each time (prompt) to transmit diagnostic information", you will be asked before any transmission of diagnostic data begins. If you select "Do not (not recommended) transmit diagnostic information", then the technical support team may not be able to provide a solution to a pending issue.