Windows Secure Kit 2011 Description
If you find that Windows Secure Kit 2011 is installed on your computer system, you should understand that you are the target of a well-known online scam. Ignore all of Windows Secure Kit 2011’s attempts to obtain your credit card information and, instead, remove this fake security application with a legitimate security program. If you have already made the mistake of paying for Windows Secure Kit 2011, call your credit card to dispute the charges.
How Windows Secure Kit 2011 Makes Its Way into Your Computer System
Windows Secure Kit 2011 tends to use browser exploits in order to infect a computer system. As of February of 2012, two common pathways are known through which Windows Secure Kit 2011 attempts to infiltrate a computer system:
- One of the most common ways in which Windows Secure Kit 2011 infects a computer system is by using a browser hijacker. Basically, several browser hijackers have been known to force their victim’s web browsers to display pop-up windows with Windows Secure Kit 2011 advertisements. When clicked, these malicious advertisements attempt to install Windows Secure Kit 2011 onto the victim’s computer. If your web browser is creating pop-up windows, a reliable anti-malware tool should be used to scan and disinfect your hard drives. Pop-up windows associated with Windows Secure Kit 2011 have also been known to contain pornographic material.
- ESG team of PC security analysts has also detected various malicious advertisements promoting Windows Secure Kit 2011. These can be found on websites with no relation to Windows Secure Kit 2011, often because the administrators of these websites do not do a good job monitoring the kinds of advertisements they display or because the opportunity for advertising revenue is too much to pass up. These kinds of malicious advertisements are often found at shady pornographic websites or websites dealing with pirated software. Often, these advertisements offer an attractive prize (for example, an iPod) if the victim clicks on the advertisement.
Type: Rogue Anti-Virus Program
How Can You Detect Windows Secure Kit 2011?
Download SpyHunter’s Detection Scanner
to Detect Windows Secure Kit 2011.
Windows Secure Kit 2011 Removal Details
Windows Secure Kit 2011 has typically the following processes in memory:
- C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4SOEDFRR\setup.exe
- %System%\drivers\UAC[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys
Windows Secure Kit 2011 creates the following files in the system:
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\02612.exe or any other random number
- %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Secure Kit 2011.lnk
Windows Secure Kit 2011 creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]