If you find that Windows Secure Kit 2011 is installed on your computer system, you should understand that you are the target of a well-known online scam. Ignore all of Windows Secure Kit 2011's attempts to obtain your credit card information and, instead, remove this fake security application with a legitimate security program. If you have already made the mistake of paying for Windows Secure Kit 2011, call your credit card to dispute the charges.
How Windows Secure Kit 2011 Makes Its Way into Your Computer System
Windows Secure Kit 2011 tends to use browser exploits in order to infect a computer system. As of February of 2012, two common pathways are known through which Windows Secure Kit 2011 attempts to infiltrate a computer system:
- One of the most common ways in which Windows Secure Kit 2011 infects a computer system is by using a browser hijacker. Basically, several browser hijackers have been known to force their victim's web browsers to display pop-up windows with Windows Secure Kit 2011 advertisements. When clicked, these malicious advertisements attempt to install Windows Secure Kit 2011 onto the victim's computer. If your web browser is creating pop-up windows, a reliable anti-malware tool should be used to scan and disinfect your hard drives. Pop-up windows associated with Windows Secure Kit 2011 have also been known to contain pornographic material.
- ESG team of PC security analysts has also detected various malicious advertisements promoting Windows Secure Kit 2011. These can be found on websites with no relation to Windows Secure Kit 2011, often because the administrators of these websites do not do a good job monitoring the kinds of advertisements they display or because the opportunity for advertising revenue is too much to pass up. These kinds of malicious advertisements are often found at shady pornographic websites or websites dealing with pirated software. Often, these advertisements offer an attractive prize (for example, an iPod) if the victim clicks on the advertisement.
Infected with Windows Secure Kit 2011? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Windows Secure Kit 2011
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
Windows Secure Kit 2011 creates the following file(s):
|1||C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe|
|2||C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4SOEDFRR\setup.exe|
|4||C:\WINDOWS\system32\02612.exe or any other random number|
|5||%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Secure Kit 2011.lnk|
Windows Secure Kit 2011 creates the following registry entry or registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]