Video Abductor Description
The Video Abductor software from the team at videoabductor.com is offered to PC users for free for personal use and allows them to download video content from platforms like YouTube, VEVO, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo. Video Abductor may run on the latest versions of Windows OS and comes with a self-updater module so that you don't have to visit videoabductor.com and re-install the desktop app all over again. However, Video Abductor is deemed as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that you may want to reconsider installing because it is bundled with the Chocolatey (chocolatey.org) package manager and you may find unknown programs running on your system.
Chocolatey is a legitimate package manager that allows software developers to push updates to their users but you might not be notified of new components and third-party desktop apps being installed on your computer. Video Abductor may allow you to download video content from the Internet for free and convert video files to a preferred format. You should note that Video Abductor may allow third parties to introduce ad-supported software to your OS without your explicit consent. Video Abductor is designed to run in the background and may download programs over insecure connections. The Video Abductor program may add an icon to the system tray area and allow users to access a pop-up menu that includes settings configuration and link to the download location for your videos. Evidently, Video Abductor does not provide users with the option to opt out of installing software from partners via the Chocolatey package manager.
PS users may find the configuration settings of Video Abductor restricting regarding video conversion and software integration. The authors of Video Abductor may abuse the administrative privileges given to Video Abductor and push updates that include riskware such as the Gadgetbox Toolbar and Need2Find. Cyber security experts add that Video Abductor may collect statistics regarding your usage of the browser including your IP address, bookmarks, recently entered keywords on Google and time spent online. The data gathered by Video Abductor may be sent to advertisers who support the development of Video Abductor. PC users that are not comfortable with how Video Abductor works may want to remove the desktop app with the help of a reliable anti-spyware tool. AV vendors flag files used by Video Abductor as:
- Malware.Heuristic!ET (cloud:bsdQujwhFPP)
Infected with Video Abductor? Scan Your PC for FreeDownload SpyHunter’s Spyware Scanner
to Detect Video Abductor * SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. If SpyHunter detects malware on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool to remove the malware threats. Read more on SpyHunter. If you no longer wish to have SpyHunter installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall SpyHunter.
Security Doesn't Let You Download SpyHunter or Access the Internet?
Solutions: Your computer may have malware hiding in memory that prevents any program, including SpyHunter, from executing on your computer. Follow to download SpyHunter and gain access to the Internet:
- Use an alternative browser. Malware may disable your browser. If you're using IE, for example, and having problems downloading SpyHunter, you should open Firefox, Chrome or Safari browser instead.
- Use a removable media. Download SpyHunter on another clean computer, burn it to a USB flash drive, DVD/CD, or any preferred removable media, then install it on your infected computer and run SpyHunter's malware scanner.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode. If you can not access your Window's desktop, reboot your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" and install SpyHunter in Safe Mode.
- IE Users: Disable proxy server for Internet Explorer to browse the web with Internet Explorer or update your anti-spyware program. Malware modifies your Windows settings to use a proxy server to prevent you from browsing the web with IE.
If you still can't install SpyHunter? View other possible causes of installation issues.
File System Details
|#||File Name||Detection Count|
|2||%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\VideoAB||10|