Msdcsc.exe is the executable file for a dangerous backdoor Trojan. This file will usually reside in the Documents or My Documents folder of the Windows operating system. The Trojan associated with the Msdcsc.exe file also makes changes to the Windows Registry that allow Msdcsc.exe to start up upon start-up. According to ESG security researchers, the presence of the Msdcsc.exe file on your system is a certain sign of a severe Trojan infection. This malware attack can quickly turn into a full-fledged infection depending on the malware that is installed using the backdoor that Msdcsc.exe provides. ESG security researchers strongly recommend protecting your computer system with a legitimate anti-malware application in order to prevent a Msdcsc.exe attack.
Understanding how a Msdcsc.exe Infection Puts Your Computer in Danger
Backdoor trojans like Msdcsc.exe are designed to create a hole in a computer system’s security. A backdoor Trojan opens an entrance into the victim’s computer which a hacker can then use in order to invade the victim’s computer without being detected. This backdoor can be used in two ways: criminals can either take information out (that is, steal the victim’s data or spy on the victim’s activity) or install malware and harmful applications on the victim’s computer. Because of this, the severity of a Msdcsc.exe infection depends entirely on the use that is given to the backdoor created with the Msdcsc.exe Trojan.
Protecting Your Computer System from the Msdcsc.exe Trojan
A Trojan is usually not able to spread on its own, requiring that the user himself download and install it. Because of this, Trojans rely greatly on social engineering and deceptive practices in order to attack their victims. This is the reason why a reliable security application is not enough to protect your computer system from Msdcsc.exe, learning basic security guidelines is also required. Following these basic recommendations can protect you from a Msdcsc.exe infection:
- Avoid downloading unknown files or clicking on unknown links.
- Stay away from websites that are considered unsafe (such as websites containing illegal files or content).
- Make sure to research any application thoroughly before installing it on your computer system.
- Keep all software and your operating system fully updated, with updates downloaded directly from the manufacturer.
How Can You Detect Msdcsc.exe?
Msdcsc.exe Removal Details
Msdcsc.exe has typically the following processes in memory:
- C:\Users\[UserName]\My Documents\MSDCSC\msdcsc.exe
Msdcsc.exe creates the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\MSDCSC\msdcsc.exe”